The types of diets
Diet - a special regime and diet, determines the amount of food, its chemical composition and physical properties as well as methods for cooking food and food intake intervals; power corresponding to sex, age, lifestyle, occupation, state of health and achieve their objectives.
The complex definition of a simple term makes clear that a diet - a way to achieve a certain goal by changing the diet. The variety of objectives defines many types of diets. What principles underlie the choices of diets? What kind of diet most effective? What forms of diets exist?
The main types of diets: principles of classification
Any of the diets observed for a specific purpose: improvement of the body, prevents the development of diseases, correction of weight and body shape. Depending on the aim pursued, there are two main types of diets:
- Therapeutic diets used for the correction of conditions and symptoms of the patient with the purpose of healing the body;
- Diets for correcting shapes and body weight.
Medical kind of diet is also called the medical tables. Such diets designed by nutritionists and are appointed on the basis of functional, metabolic, pathological, enzymatic and other irregularities in the body. Medical type of diet creates the most favorable environment for therapy, helping to enhance the effect of drugs, providing a therapeutic effect, as well as helping to avoid adverse effects on the gastrointestinal tract. Therapeutic diets are appointed for the prevention of certain diseases of transition from acute to chronic forms.
Diets for correction weight and shape can be directed to weight loss and achieving an aesthetically attractive relief and on weight.
In compliance with the deadline fast release and long-term diet. Rapid type diets usually combines diet is observed not more than 5 days, while prolonged diet followed by three weeks or more.
By limiting the diet the following types of diets:
- Diets that restrict the amount of food intake - reducing the usual diet without changing the menu;
- Diets that restrict calorie intake - exclusion from the diet of high-calorie foods;
- Diets that restrict food intake regime - a special type of diet, built on respect for the intervals between meals (smaller meals);
- Diets that restrict the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Diet principles: basic mechanisms of weight loss
Before we understand what are the main principles of the diet, it is necessary to determine, due to which weight loss may occur:
- Cleansing the body of toxins, the actual cleansing of the digestive tract, removing fluid from the body;
- Burning of fat as an alternate energy source, with a lack of revenue from outside the food - this effect is achieved when the amount of calories entering the body with food, much less than the required amount of calories to maintain normal body functioning.
Most types of these diets are based on two principles. For example, the following types of diets:
- Cleansing diets - is usually quick diets, based on which a large number of fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, helps cleanse the digestive tract. The effect is achieved with this type of diet, evident almost immediately, but also to secure it necessary to change the normal diet;
- Diet, rebuild the metabolism - for this type of diets include most prolonged diets, which can not only effectively reduce weight, but also to develop healthy eating habits.
Options diets: how to choose the most effective diet
Consider the main types of diets, their options, and the advantages and disadvantages. To choose the most effective diet should take into account more factors than diet, diet duration and severity of limitations. Choosing the most effective diet options should be based on the principle of "Do no harm! ".
Low-calorie diets types (Japanese diet, diet Valley, vegetable diet) - a diet that allows you to rebuild the metabolic processes in the body, increasing lipolysis (fat splitting process). Follow these diets do not recommend more than 14 days in order to avoid exhaustion. This type of diet is usually accompanied by the following side effects of the nervous system:
This type of diet allows you to quickly get rid of the extra kilos, but after the regime severely restrict caloric intake when you return to a normal diet in the body triggered reverse processes reserve nutrients.
Low fat diets offer reduction of fat in the diet. For this version of the diet are Ornish diet, diet Ginzburg. The main disadvantage of this type of diet is a slow reduction in weight. A significant risk of reducing the amount of fat in the diet is the lack of essential fatty acids that are not synthesized in the human body, but are components of cell membranes and stimulate processes produce hormones that regulate metabolism, promote the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
Malouglevodny type diet is based on the principle of reducing the content of carbohydrates in the diet, the excess of which the body transforms into fat. Notable examples of this type of diet is the Kremlin diet, the Atkins diet, the Montignac method. At sufficiently slow weight loss is achieved very stable result. The main disadvantage of this type of diet is a number of contraindications, including chronic liver disease, kidney, gastrointestinal tract, metabolic disorders.
Monodiet offer diet, allowing the use of only one type of product. This method of diet does not allow to limit the use of the product. The most popular types are the mono-diet, buckwheat, rice, kefir, potato, apple diet. The main drawback is a mono-diet diet deficiency, which can lead to exhaustion and vitamin deficiency.
Other options for the diet, promotes the normalization of weight, recovery and purification of the body are separate meals, blood group diet, vegetarianism (which is more related to lifestyle and position in life, rather than an approach to nutrition).
Methods diets to effectively achieve the goals
By way of diet should be understood ways observance of a diet. So, there are strict dieting methods that do not involve the replacement of products, the variations of the diet. Others offer diet varies the menu in which the main principle of the diet becomes a compliance allowable calories.
To select the optimal diet should take into account the principles of a person's lifestyle, the number of calories expended, sex, age, state of health, possible contraindications (recovery after illness, pregnancy, lactation). An important factor in choosing an effective type of diet is the cause of obesity, as well as the duration of the problem of excess weight.