Zyvox - oxazolidinone antibiotic group.
Pharmacological action Zyvox
Zyvox - anti-bacterial synthetic drug, which belongs to an entirely new class of agents with antimicrobial action. Zyvox is active against Gram-positive aerobic Drugs, anaerobic organisms and some Gram-negative bacteria.
Contained in the product linezolid Zyvox instruction to confirm this effect on the inhibition of protein synthesis in bacteria. Due to the fact that this substance binds to bacterial ribosomes, Zyvox prevents the formation of initiation complex functional 70S, which is an important component in the process of translation in protein synthesis.
The mechanism of action Zyvox is somewhat different from the mechanism of action of other antimicrobial agents, so among other drugs and pills Zyvox no cross Resistance.
The drug is active with respect to a plurality of pathogenic organisms that may be resistant or sensitive to the drug.
- The solution for infusion 2 mg / ml: be clear, colorless or yellow isotonic;
- Scented granules for suspension 20 mg / ml with orange flavor: can be white or nearly white;
- Zyvox Tablets: white, film-coated, oval-shaped with a red inscription on one side, which tells the name of the drug, and weight - 600 mg.
Indications for use Zyvox
Instructions for Zyvox indicates that the drug is designed to treat infectious and inflammatory diseases, provided that implicitly or explicitly established that the disease is caused by anaerobic or aerobic gram-positive organisms that are susceptible to linezolid. These are diseases:
- nosocomial pneumonia, which is caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pneumoniae;
- community-acquired pneumonia, which is caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pneumoniae;
- infections that are resistant to vancomycin;
- various kinds of complicated with infection and uncomplicated skin and soft tissue, including infections caused by diabetic foot syndrome.
The main contraindications to the pill Zyvox is a hypersensitivity to the drug.
Not recommended Zyvox simultaneously with drugs that inhibit monoamine oxidase, and for two weeks after stopping direct these drugs.
Categorically denied taking the drug to children who have not attained the age of 12 years.
With care prescribe a drug to patients with renal or hepatic insufficiency, and systemic infections that pose a risk to life.
Instructions Zyvox: methods of use
According to the instructions, Zyvox can be taken either with meals or between meals. Patients who are at the beginning of therapy was prescribed intravenous administration of the drug can continue to take it in any dosage form. The duration of treatment depends on the causative agent, the severity and localization of the infection. On the duration of the effect and clinical effect. Dose selection should deal only with the attending physician, self-treatment is prohibited.
If Zyvox and cause some side effects, most often, they are mild or moderate severity.
The most common side effects occur: nausea, diarrhea and headache. Also, allergic reactions are observed.
Conditions and terms
Keep the drug should be protected from light and dry place, temperature not exceeding 30 ° C. Shelf life is 3 years.