Zinnat is a second-generation cephalosporin antibiotic used in bacterial infections caused by susceptible to malaria infections.
Bacteriostatic (inhibits bacterial growth) and bactericidal (causing the death of bacteria) Zinnat properties due to its ability to disrupt the synthesis of the cell wall of the microorganism.
The active ingredient of the drug Zinnat - cefuroxime, which is active against most Gram-positive and Gram-negative aerobic bacteria.
The process of absorption from the gastrointestinal tract is significantly accelerated if the antibiotic Zinnat taken with food.
The maximum concentration of drug in the blood can be observed within 2-3 hours after treatment. Displayed Zinnat kidneys unchanged.
Assign User Zinnat recommends that:
- infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract: infection of the chest after surgery, lung abscess (collection of pus in the lung tissue), bacterial pneumonia, infected bronhoekstazy (widening of the bronchi, which bears irreversible), acute or chronic bronchitis;
- ENT infections: tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils), pharyngitis (sore throat), acute otitis media (ear infection), sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses);
- infections of the genitourinary system: acute or chronic pyelonephritis (kidney inflammation), urethritis (inflammation of the walls of the urethra), cystitis (bladder infection), asymptomatic bacteriuria (bacterial colonization of the urinary tract), gonorrhea (infectious disease caused by gonococcus);
- diseases of the skin and soft tissue: erysipeloid (infection of the skin), abscess (purulent inflammation of tissue), abrasions (the formation of multiple boils), impetigo (formation of abscesses caused by staphylococci and streptococci), wound infection (multiplication of pathogens in the wound), pyoderma (skin diseases, provoked by pyogenic bacteria), erysipelas (inflammation of the skin. streptococcal);
- bone and joint diseases: septic arthritis (penetration of microorganisms into the cavity of the joints), osteomyelitis (purulent inflammation of the bone), etc .;
- pelvic infection: cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix), adnexitis (inflammation of the uterus), endometritis (inflammation of the lining of the uterus);
- sepsis (infection caused by toxins into the blood, unicellular fungi or bacteria);
- meningitis (inflammation of the membranes of the brain or spinal cord);
- Lyme disease (bacteria transmitted to man by the bite of an infected tick);
- prevention of complications in surgery of the abdomen, chest, joints, pelvis.
Zinnat, reviews confirmed effective in the above diseases when they are caused by susceptible bacteria to the drug.
Instructions for use Zinnat
Zinnat antibiotic is produced in the form of tablets, granules for suspension intended for oral administration, powder, from which, a solution for intramuscular or intravenous use. Zinnat in forms for oral administration should be taken during or immediately after a meal.
Zinnat suspension or tablets is recommended to take 5-10 days, Lyme disease - 20 days. For most adult infections drug Zinnat 250 mg administered twice a day. When pyelonephritis antibiotic Zinnat is taken twice daily with 125 mg. If you suspect pneumonia, severe respiratory infections, Lyme's disease drug Zinnat 250 mg as a single dose is not enough, so the amount of the drug is increased to 500 mg twice while maintaining the daily administration. In uncomplicated gonorrhea take Zinnat manual recommends once in an amount of 1 g When you receive Zinnat suspension should be noted that 10 ml of the product corresponds to 250 mg of cefuroxime.
Children older than 12 years with the majority of infections antibiotic Zinnat assigned twice daily 125 mg. Children from 3 months to 12 years, a single dose, to be taken twice a day is calculated by multiplying 10 mg of Zinnat on the weight of the child. In severe forms of infections and otitis media for children older than 12 years are drug Zinnat 250 mg twice daily, and children 3 months - 12 years - 15 mg / kg at the same multiplicity of techniques.
For intravenous and intramuscular administration of an antibiotic Zinnat adults in most infections assigned 3 times daily 750 mg, in severe forms of the disease - a single dose is doubled. Babies Zinnat injection administered 3-4 times a day, the dose is calculated by multiplying 60 mg cefuroxime in the weight of the child. If clinically indicated a transition from parenteral antibiotic tablets or suspension Zinnat.
Adverse effects of the drug Zinnat reviews and clinical studies include:
- diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, enhanced activity of liver enzymes, hepatitis, cholestatic jaundice;
- hypoprothrombinemia, leukopenia, hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia;
- seizures, hearing impairment, drowsiness, headache;
- fever, urticaria, pruritus, rash, anaphylaxis;
- dysbiosis, vaginosis, interstitial nephritis.
In a review of Zinnat common information about the manifestations of thrush, due to excessive growth of candida fungus group while taking this drug.
According to the instructions, Zinnat is not indicated for:
- Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins;
- allergic reactions to penicillins;
- bleeding and disorders of the digestive tract;
Zinnat antibiotic is not recommended for children younger than 3 months.
Zinnat is fit for use for 2 years if its storage is done at room temperature.
Ready Zinnat suspension should be stored in the refrigerator and be used within 10 days.