Vasilip - synthetic drug used in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and prevention of coronary heart disease.
Active substance Vasilip has hypolipidemic effect and reduces cholesterol in blood plasma. The drug is effective in coronary heart disease because it reduces the risk of myocardial infarction. The therapeutic effect of the Vasilip develops over two weeks, and the maximum occurs within a month of daily administration.
Besides Vasilip of reviews and has antiatherosclerotic effect by acting on components of blood vessel walls.
Vasilip produced in the form of white film-coated tablets containing 10, 20 and 40 mg of active ingredient simvastatin. 7 tablets in blister.
If necessary, medication can be replaced by one of the counterparts Vasilip - simplakor, avestatin, holvasim, aterostat, simvakard, aktalipid, Zocor, Simgal, Vasilip, zorstat, ovenkor, Simvor, simvageksal, simvalimit, simvastatin, Simla, or sinkard zovatin.
According to the instructions Vasilip apply:
- In the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia, mixed dyslipidemia, and homozygous hereditary hypercholesterolemia;
- To prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases by manifestations of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease or diabetes.
According to the instructions Vasilip contraindicated to apply at:
- Liver disease in the active phase, as well as persistent elevations of liver transaminases of unknown etiology;
- Concomitantly with inhibitors of the CYP3A4, including erythromycin, itraconazole, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, HIV protease inhibitors, nefazodone and telithromycin;
- Hypersensitivity to the Vasilip.
Also, the drug, as well as analogues Vasilip should not be used during pregnancy, the age of 18, during lactation, when planning a pregnancy or suspected it.
Vasilip used with caution in:
- History of liver disease;
- Expressed endocrine and metabolic disorders;
- Severe acute infections, including sepsis;
- Uncontrolled epilepsy;
- Major surgery;
- Abuse of alcohol, especially before the start of therapy;
- Lactase deficiency;
- Severe electrolyte imbalance;
- Galactosemia and malabsorption syndrome glucose-galactose;
- Concomitantly with cyclosporine, fenofibrate, gemfibrozinom, verapamil, nicotinic acid, amiodarone, diltiazem and grapefruit juice.
According to the instructions Vasilip taken orally once in the evening, depending on the dose of the disease can vary from 5 mg to a maximum of 80 mg, which accept only with severe hypercholesterolemia, or high risk of cardiovascular complications. Duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician Vasilip individually.
Typically in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia Vasilip take 10 mg dose, on therapeutic indications the dosage may be increased to two or four times. In the opinion of Vasilip effective in compliance throughout the treatment period, the standard hypolipidemic diet.
In homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia prescribed Vasilip 40 mg dose in the evening or 80 mg, divided into 3 doses, in combination with other lipid-lowering therapy.
At high risk of developing coronary heart disease according to the instructions Vasilip take 20-40 mg per day. Changing the dose of the drug can be no more than once a month.
For reviews Vasilip effective as a monotherapy, or in combination with colestyramine, amiodarone, colestipol, gemfibrozil, cyclosporine and other fibrates or nicotinic acid.
In applying Vasilip not recommended to use a large number (more than 1 liter) of grapefruit juice.
Side effects Vasilip
In the opinion of Vasilip not often leads to the development of side effects, which are manifested as:
- Pancreatitis, abdominal pain, constipation, nausea, flatulence, jaundice, indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea and hepatitis;
- Paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, blurred vision, convulsions, dizziness, fatigue, headache, insomnia and impaired sense of taste;
- Rhabdomyolysis, myopathy, muscle cramps, and myalgia;
- Skin rash, alopecia, and pruritus;
- Arthritis, lupus-like syndrome, eosinophilia, severe weakness, angioneurotic edema, myositis, fever, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, hives, polymyalgia rheumatica, vasculitis, thrombocytopenia, arthralgia, photosensitivity, rush of blood to the face and shortness of breath;
- Acute renal failure, palpitations, anemia and reduced potency.
Vasilip - drug prescription with a shelf life of 3 years.