Tsefabol - antibacterial
drug (third-generation cephalosporin) is used to treat a wide range of infectious diseases.
Pharmacological action Tsefabola
Active ingredient Tsefabola - cefotaxime, being a third generation cephalosporin antibiotic with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial action.
Tsefabol is active against gram-positive and gram-negative organisms that are normally resistant to other antibiotics.
Tsefabol produced in the form of powder for solution for injection. One vial (10 ml) contained the active component - cefotaxime in an amount of 500 mg or 1 g
By analogues Tsefabola of active substance preparations are: Intrataksim, Klafobrin, Oritaks, Rezibelakta, Taltsef and cefotaxime.
The main counterparts Tsefabola mode of action are the following drugs: Azaran, Betasporina, Steritsef, Dardum, Vitsef, Ifitsef, axons Lorakson, Lorazidim Movigip, Pantsef, Rocephin, Orzid, Supraks, Torotsef, Sulmover, Tizim and others.
According to the instructions Tsefabol indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections severe that cause sensitivity to the action of the drug by microorganisms. Drug treatment is effective in infections:
• ENT and respiratory tract including pneumonia;
• Central nervous system, including meningitis;
• urinary tract infections, including acute pyelonephritis, and during periods of exacerbation of chronic course of the disease;
• Joints and bones;
• skin and soft tissues, including wound complications caused by the operations;
• Abdominal (uncomplicated and complicated), including diseases such as peritonitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, and as well as postoperative abdominal abscesses;
• pelvic organs, including endometritis, pelvioperitonit and the acute adnexitis, as well as an exacerbation of a chronic course of the disease;
• urogenital system, including gonorrhea and chlamydia;
• Against the background of immunodeficiency.
Tsefabol also indicated for the treatment of diseases such as:
• Lyme disease (Lyme disease);
Furthermore, Tsefabol effective for preventing infection after many surgical operations:
• Conduct in the gastrointestinal tract;
• Obstetric and gynecological;
Tsefabol for instructions apply contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components that are part of the drug, as well as intolerance to penicillins, cephalosporins and other carbapenems.
Tsefabol usually prescribed with caution in the following cases:
• During the period of lactation;
• In chronic renal failure;
• In the neonatal period;
• in ulcerative colitis.
The possibility of using Tsefabola during pregnancy must be addressed individually with the doctor the potential benefits and risks for mother and child.
Tsefabol of instructions used intramuscular and intravenous (bolus or infusion). The dosage of the drug depends on the age and disease.
In uncomplicated infections and urinary tract infections in adults and children whose body weight above 50 kg appoint 1 g every 8-12 hours Tsefabola.
At moderate infections, the dosage is 1-2 grams twice a day at regular intervals (every 12 hours).
When meningitis or other serious infections, increase the dose to 2 g every 4-8 hours, but not more than 12 grams per day.
In uncomplicated acute gonorrhea Tsefabol used once for 1 year
Infants (up to 1 week), and preterm infants dosage calculated based on the weight - 50 mg / kg, applied every 12 hours. Services from one to four weeks, the same dose is administered every 8 hours.
The daily dose for older children weighing up to 50 kg is 50-180 mg / kg, divided into 4-6 doses.
Before the operation for the prevention of infections usually administered once Tsefabola 1 g, and if necessary the same dose may be administered after 6-12 hours.
In the case of
caesarean section for clipping the umbilical vein and 1 g administered drugs, and then re-enter the same amount of drug in six and twelve hours.
In cases of overdose Tsefabolom can manifest symptoms such as convulsions, tremor, encephalopathy and increased neuromuscular excitability.
When using Tsefabola should be aware that while the appointment of a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and antiplatelet agents increases the risk of bleeding.
The probability of kidney damage increases dramatically by sharing a Tsefabola polymyxin B, aminoglycosides and "loop" diuretics.
Tsefabol pharmaceutically incompatible in the same syringe or dropper with the solutions of other antibiotic drugs.
Tsefabol on responses can cause various allergic reactions, most often manifested in the form of:
• chills, or fever;
• anaphylactic shock;
• malignant exudative erythema (otherwise - Stevens-Johnson syndrome);
• toxic epidermal necrolysis (otherwise - Lyell's syndrome).
Furthermore, the use of Tsefabola reviews may lead to violations of the various systems of the body and cause:
• flatulence, stomatitis, vomiting, abnormal liver function, glossitis, nausea, pseudomembranous enterocolitis, goiter, diarrhea or constipation, abdominal pain (digestive system);
• anuria, azotemia, interstitial nephritis, oliguria, elevated levels of blood urea (urinary system);
• Hemolytic anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, hypocoagulation, thrombocytopenia, granulocytopenia (blood formation organs);
• Potentially life-threatening arrhythmia occurring after rapid bolus injection into a central vein (cardiovascular system);
• Dizziness and headaches (the nervous system).
Also, the use Tsefabola Review sometimes cause local reactions after drug administration, and in some cases can lead to superinfection, e.g., candidal vaginitis.
During the treatment Tsefabolom, especially during the first 10-12 days, sometimes there is pseudomembranous colitis, which usually manifests itself as severe prolonged diarrhea. In this case, the application should stop Tsefabola and conduct appropriate therapy, which comprises metronidazole or vancomycin.
Tsefabol refers to a number of cephalosporin antibiotics, which leave from pharmacies available by prescription. Shelf life of drugs under recommended - two years.