Truksal - antipsychotic drug. Reviews
about Truksale indicate speed and high therapeutic efficacy.
Structure and Composition Truksala
Truksal it produced in the form of tablets, film-coated 5, 15, 25 and 50 mg. Chlorprothixene hydrochloride - the main active ingredient of the drug.
Reviews Truksale confirm the fact that the drug has a broad spectrum of psychopharmacological activity.
Truksal has a strong sedative and mild antidepressant action: eliminates or reduces the anxiety, agitation, insomnia and anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, mania, feeling of anxiety, and other psychotic symptoms. In addition, the drug has anticonvulsant, antiemetic, antihistamine and analgesic effect and potentiates the effect of analgesics.
There are the following indications for use Truksala:
- pain syndrome (in the complex therapy with analgesics);
- psychoses, including schizophrenia and manic states, occurring with anxiety, agitation and psychomotor agitation;
- neuroses, depression;
- irritability, agitation, hyperactivity, confusion;
- withdrawal syndrome in alcoholism and drug addiction;
- mental retardation and epilepsy accompanied by mental disorders (agitation, erethism, mood lability);
- Pediatric - sleep disorders and behavior.
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- Children under three years of age;
- CNS depression of various origin (including those due to toxicity induced by barbiturates, alcohol, opioids);
- pregnancy and lactation (chlorprothixene in low concentrations is able to penetrate into breast milk and placenta);
- diseases of the cardiovascular system and of the blood;
The recommended dose for Truksala following instructions:
- psychosis (including schizophrenia and manic states). Therapeutic treatment starts with 50-100 mg of the drug per day, gradually increasing the daily dose of 300 mg. The daily dose is recommended according to the instructions Truksala divided into several stages, most of the prescribed daily dose in the evening and the smaller part - in the daytime;
- withdrawal. The daily dose is 450-500 mg. The course of treatment usually lasts for about a week;
- hyperactivity, irritability, confusion, restlessness in the elderly - 15-90 mg per day;
- depression, neuroses, psychosomatic disorders, and insomnia. Truksal guides recommend taking at bedtime. A single dose of about 30 mg;
- pain of various origins. The drug in doses of 15 to 300 mg are used in combination therapy with analgesics;
- children medicament administered in a daily dose of 0, 5-2 mg / kg body weight;
- epilepsy, mental retardation. Daily dose is 100-125 mg of the drug.
Parallel appointed anticonvulsants in maintenance dose.
Reviews Truksale suggest that early treatment the drug may cause dizziness,
muscle stiffness, dry mouth, diarrhea or constipation, somnolence, increased sweating, tachycardia, allergic reactions, increased or decreased appetite. Occasionally Truksala long-term use may contribute to cholestatic jaundice, weakening of libido and potency, increase or decrease in body weight, the emergence of hemolytic disorders, changes in the chemical composition of urine, as well as the development of violations of the endocrine system.
Known symptoms of an overdose of drugs:
- hypothermia or hyperthermia;
- anaphylactic shock;
- extrapyramidal symptoms;
- damage to the kidneys.
In overdose after taking the drug in the shortest time necessary to carry out gastric lavage as well as the need to take measures for the maintenance of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. In adults, death may cause reception 2, 5-4, 5 mg chlorprothixene and children - 3-4 mg / kg body weight.
Truksal prescribed with caution in the defeat of the heart and blood vessels, heavy human liver and kidneys, in old age. In appointing the drug should be remembered that its action affects the speed of psychomotor reactions.