Triftazin (Triphtazinum) - antipsychotic used for the effective treatment of mental disorders and schizophrenia.
Pharmacological action triftazin
The drug is an antipsychotic agent with a sedative, antiemetic, protivoikotnym, gipomermicheskim, cataleptic, hypotensive and faint m-anticholinergic activity. Triftazin structurally similar to chlorpromazine, but has a higher activity and better tolerated.
Triftazin produced in the form of tablets, coated tablets, in mesh containers in cardboard packs of 10 or 50 units or 1 ml ampoules 0, 2% solution of 10 pieces.
The analogue triftazin of the active substance is Triftazin-Darnitsa. By analogues triftazin mechanism of action and of belonging to a pharmacological group includes:
The drug Triftazin apply in cases of schizophrenia, psychosis, affective and hallucinatory delirium, agitation and vomiting (central origin).
In accordance with the instruction Triftazin tablets used inside abundantly with water or intramuscular injection as a solution. The dosage used depends on the age and disease. For the treatment of anxiety syndrome tablets Triftazin dose of 1-2 mg twice a day, the maximum dose is 6 mg per day, for no more than 12 weeks. In the treatment of psychotic disorders drug administered in an amount of 2 5-5 mg twice daily, orally, with an increase of up to 15-20 mg per day for 2-3 weeks, the maximum dose of 40 mg per day. Application triftazin inside in the elderly and debilitated patients begin with a lower initial dose, which can be increased if necessary. For children aged 6 years the dosage is 1 mg 1-2 times a day with the possibility of a gradual increase.
A single dosage formulation Triftazin intramuscular administration is 1-2 mg every 4-6 hours, but not more than 10 mg per day. In accordance with the instructions Triftazin elderly and debilitated, and malnourished patients are administered in an initial dose reduced by 2 times. For children from 6 years of medicament dosage is 1 mg 1-2 times a day.
According to the instructions Triftazin contraindicated in:
- Impaired renal excretory function;
- Severe hepatic failure;
- Suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- A progressive disease of the brain and spinal cord;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Comatose states from any cause;
- Pronounced inhibition of the central nervous system;
- Severe cardiovascular disease;
The drug according to instructions Triftazin cautiously prescribed for alcoholism, angina, heart valve lesions, pathological changes in the blood, breast cancer, angle-closure glaucoma, prostatic hyperplasia, hepatic and renal failure, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer.
Also according to the instructions Triftazin be used with caution in Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, myxedema, Reye's syndrome, cachexia and vomiting.
The drug is prescribed with caution Triftazin in old age is not indicated for children younger than 3 years old, pregnant and lactation.
Side effects triftazin
Application of triftazin reviews can lead to complications of the various systems of the body in cases of overdose, namely:
- Nervous system: insomnia, dizziness, somnolence, akathisia, parkinsonism, tardive dyskinesia, extrapyramidal dystonic reactions, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, the phenomenon of mental indifference, mental changes and belated reaction to external stimuli;
- Endocrine: hypoglycemia, glycosuria, hyperprolactinemia, galactorrhea, pain or swelling in the breast, amenorrhea, hyperglycemia, dysmenorrhea and weight gain;
- Urogenital: oliguria, reduced potency, priapism, frigidity, loss of libido, ejaculation disorder and urinary retention;
- Digestive system: nausea, loss of appetite, dry mucous membranes of the mouth, constipation, gastralgia, bulimia, anorexia, vomiting, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis and intestinal paresis;
- Of hematopoiesis: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia and hemolytic anemia;
- Senses: visual disturbances (paresis of accommodation), clouding of the lens and cornea, retinopathy, and blurred vision;
- Cardiovascular: reduction or inversion of the T wave, prolongation of the interval QT, irregular heartbeat, and increased frequency of angina attacks.
Furthermore, Triftazin Review may cause other disorders, namely:
- Skin rash;
- Exfoliative dermatitis;
- Staining of the skin;
- The discoloration of the sclera and cornea;
- Myasthenia gravis;
Also, the use of triftazin reviews can lead to heat stroke, loss of ability to sweat, confusion and false positive pregnancy test.
An overdose of medication can cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome, lower blood pressure, hypothermia, tachycardia, gynecomastia, coma, collapse and toxic hepatitis.
In accordance with the instructions Triftazin must be stored out of reach of children and protected from light, dry place at room temperature to 25 ° C. Shelf life in compliance with the recommendations is 4 years.