Trichopolum (Trichopol) - a synthetic agent with antibacterial and antiprotozoal action is used to treat serious infectious diseases.
Pharmacological action Trichopolum
The active ingredient is Trichopolum metronidazole, which has an effect on bacteria due to biochemical restoration of 5-nitro intracellular transport proteins of anaerobic microorganisms and protozoa. The recovered 5-nitro interacts with deoxyribonucleic acid cells, inhibits the synthesis of nucleic acids and destroys bacteria.
Form release Trichopolum
Medicine Trichopolum release tablets and as a solution:
- One tablet Trichopolum of instructions contains 250 mg of metronidazole, is available in cellular packages in packs of 10 pieces;
- One 20 ml ampoule of a transparent, yellowish-green color of the medicament comprises 500 mg of metronidazole, sodium hydrogen phosphate, citric acid monohydrate, sodium chloride, water for injection, 10 ampoules manufactured in cardboard packs;
- A 100 ml vial contains Trichopolum metronidazole 500 mg, comes in 100 ml polyethylene bottles.
Trichopolum analogues of the active ingredient are:
By analogues Trichopolum by pharmacological group and have effects include:
Trichopolum drug used in the prevention and treatment of anaerobic infections during surgery, the combination therapy mixed aerobic-anaerobic infections, and the treatment of:
- Gas gangrene;
- Gynecological infections;
- Pelvic abscess;
- Skin infections;
- Brain abscess;
- Severe form of intestinal and hepatic amoebiasis;
- Abscessed pneumonia;
- Infections are caused by micro-organisms susceptible to the medicament.
Based on the instructions Trichopolum tablets used inside is not liquid, during or after a meal. The dosage used depends upon the age and disease, namely:
- In the treatment of trichomoniasis tablets adult and children dosage (10 years) is 1 tablet three times a day, or a week to be taken 4 tablets divided into two steps. The course of treatment medication, if necessary, can be repeated in a month;
- The same dosage used in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. In this case, as can a single dose of eight tablets;
- In the treatment of amebiasis dosage of medication Trichopolum is 3 tablets three times a day for children older than 10 years and adults. Children under 10 years are usually prescribed dosage reduction. Regardless of age, the duration of treatment course is five days;
- In the treatment of amoebic liver abscess and other forms of extraintestinal amebiasis usually administered in a reduced dose of 2 times that of 1, 5 tablets three times per day. The treatment course is designed for five days. The same dosage is usually used in the treatment of asymptomatic carriers of cysts, but the duration of treatment may be 10 days;
- One tablet three times a day Trichopolum accept children over 10 years and adults in the treatment of periodontal infections and acute odontogenic infections. The duration of treatment is determined by the physician and may vary from three to seven days.
Treatment of infections caused by anaerobic bacteria, typically begin with intravenous infusions Trichopolum, which then replace pills. The dosage of the drug for children over 10 years of age and adults is 2 tablets 3-4 times a day rate of no more than 7 days.
According to the testimony Trichopolum administered intravenously in severe cases, infection or when it is not receiving the drug inside. The adult dosage Trichopolum on instructions by intravenous administration of 500 mg at a rate of administration of 5 ml per minute, with an interval of 8 hours of administration. The maximum dose does not exceed 4 grams per day. For children under 12 years Trichopolum infusion dosage of 7, 5 mg of drug per 1 kg body weight, 3 times with introduction rate of 5 ml per minute.
According to the testimony Trichopolum as a solution for infusion is not recommended for use with other medicines.
According to the instructions Trichopolum contraindicated in:
- Renal insufficiency;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system;
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredient - metronidazole and its derivatives.
The drug according to instructions Trichopolum prescribed with caution in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. The first trimester of pregnancy and lactation are contraindications to the use of the drug.
Application Trichopolum Review leads to complications of the various systems of the body in cases of overdose, namely:
- Gastrointestinal tract: loss of appetite, nausea, dry mouth, jaundice, glossitis, intestinal colic, pancreatitis, stomatitis, epigastric pain, taste disturbance, constipation, vomiting, anorexia, cholestatic hepatitis and diarrhea;
- Central nervous system depression, convulsions, insomnia, encephalopathy, headache, ataxia, hallucinations, incoordination, weakness, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy, lethargy, irritability and confusion;
- Genitourinary system: change the color of urine, polyuria, pain in the vagina, vulvovaginal candidiasis, cystitis, urinary incontinence, and dysuria;
- Musculoskeletal system: arthralgia and myalgia;
- Circulatory system: agranulocytosis, pancytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and neutropenia.
In addition, reviews of Trichopolum can cause thrombophlebitis, skin rash, fever, toxicity, gynecomastia, erythema multiforme exudative, itching, rash pustular, and nasal congestion.
According to the testimony Trichopolum released only on prescription. The medicine should be stored out of the reach of children, dry, ventilated and protected from light indoors, at room temperature to 25 ° C.