Thioctacid - drug with antioxidant effect, which regulates lipid and carbohydrate metabolism in the body.
The active ingredient Thioctacid - thioctic acid
It is an endogenous antioxidant, similar to B vitamins (in the biochemical mechanism of action) and is required in the body to:
- Protection of cells from toxic effects resulting from the metabolic processes of free radicals;
- Improvements trophicity neurons;
- Neutralization of exogenous toxic compounds, thereby reducing symptoms of polyneuropathy;
- Increasing utilization of glucose.
Thus, according to the instructions Thioctacid has hypolipidemic, hepatoprotective, hypoglycemic and hypocholesterolemic action.
The drug is produced in the form Thioctacid:
- Yellowish transparent solution for injection (600 Thioctacid T) contained in each vial of 600 mg thioctic acid. 5 ampoules in a contour packaging;
- Oblong film-coated tablet of yellow-green (Thioctacid BV) containing 600 mg of active substance.
The main counterparts of the active substance Thioctacid include drugs: Valium 300, Oktolipen, Lipotiokson, Tiogamma, Lipamid, Tiolepta, Tiolipon, lipoic acid, and Espa-lipon Neyrolipon.
In some cases, a doctor's appointment can be applied in a manner analogues Thioctacid steps: Bifiform Kids, Gastrikumel, Zaveska and Orfadin.
According to the instructions Thioctacid indicated for the treatment of diabetic and alcoholic polyneuropathy.
Thioctacid of instruction (due to lack of sufficient clinical data) is contraindicated in the following cases:
- When pregnancy;
- When lactation;
- In pediatrics (under 18 years).
In addition, Thioctacid not appointed under the existing hypersensitivity to thioctic acid or auxiliary components of the drug.
Tablets Thioctacid take half an hour before breakfast once a day. The daily dosage according to the instructions of one tablet.
In severe disease usually begin treatment with intravenous Thioctacid (within two to four weeks), after which the possible use of the drug in tablet form.
Side effects Thioctacid
Most often, when applying for reviews Thioctacid develop abnormalities in the form of:
It is very rare side effect that occurs when taking Thioctacid Review include the following conditions:
- Diarrhea, vomiting, pain in the stomach and intestines, changes in taste (digestive system);
- Skin rash, itching, hives, anaphylactic shock (allergic reaction).
In some cases (due to improved utilization of glucose) when applying for Thioctacid reviews may have symptoms of hypoglycemia:
- Increased sweating;
- Visual disturbances;
When applying Thioctacid in a solution for injection in rare cases occur nervous system disorders as:
- A sharp increase in intracranial pressure and breath (with the rapid intravenous injection), which,
usually pass on their own.
When receiving Thioctacid in high doses (more than ten pills at one time) may occur violations showing serious signs of intoxication, such as:
- Marked disorders of acid-base balance, which can lead to lactic acidosis;
- Generalized seizures;
- Blood clotting problems (sometimes resulting in death);
- Hypoglycemic coma.
In cases where there is suspicion of an overdose Thioctacid should undertake immediate hospitalization, followed by symptomatic and anticonvulsant therapy, as well as the necessary measures to maintain the functions of the affected vital organs.
When applied according to the instructions Thioctacid should avoid the following common combinations:
- Cisplatin (due to lower its efficiency);
- With drugs containing some metals (e.g., drugs of magnesium, iron and calcium). If necessary, the simultaneous application of Thioctacid with these medications is recommended to allow the interval between meals five to six hours;
- With insulin or oral hypoglycemic agents (due to the increased activities of the latter);
- Since ethanol and its metabolites (due to reduction of the therapeutic effect of taking Thioctacid and increased risk of polyneuropathy).
Storage conditions Thioctacid
Thioctacid refers to a number of drugs, supply of pharmacies which is possible only by doctor's prescription (list B). Shelf life of the product - 4 years (at 30 ° C, protected from light).