Tetralgin - a combination of drugs that have analgesic effect.
The composition and the form of Tetralgin
The drug is available in tablet form. The composition Tetralgin includes such active components as codeine, metamizole sodium, phenobarbital and caffeine.
The blister packs of 10 tablets in plastic bottles of 20 tablets.
Pharmacological action Tetralgin
The action of the drug due to the components that make up Tetralgin.
Caffeine stimulates the psychomotor centers of the brain, increases the effects of analgesics, improves mental and physical performance, eliminates the feeling of fatigue and drowsiness, has analeptic action.
Metamizole produces an analgesic effect.
Phenobarbital acts as a sedative. It has a central muscle relaxant and sedative effect.
Codeine is central antitussive effect, reduces the excitability of the cough center.
According to the instructions Tetralgin shown at:
Also, the drug is used as a symptomatic treatment for SARS.
Dosing and dosing regimen
According to the instructions Tetralgin intended for ingestion.
Typically, patients take one tablet one to three times per day. Maximum dosage - four tablets a day. Duration of treatment - at least five days.
According to the instructions Tetralgin has the following contraindications:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- The lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Leukopenia, anemia;
- Hepatic or renal failure;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Intracranial hypertension;
- State, accompanied by respiratory depression.
Patients in the elderly drug is prescribed with caution.
Side effects Tetralgin
In the opinion of Tetralgin may cause the following side effects of the various systems of the body's vital functions:
- Drowsiness, dizziness;
- Constipation, nausea, vomiting;
- Hives, skin rash, itching;
- Granulocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia;
With prolonged use at high doses Tetralgin possible development of drug dependence, caused by falling into the Tetralgin codeine, as well as the weakening of the analgesic effect, the development of kidney or liver failure.
Drug overdose causes the following symptoms: arrhythmia, gastralgia, depression of the respiratory center, vomiting, tachycardia, nausea.
Drug interaction Tetralgin
In an application with Tetralgin:
- drugs, oppressive central nervous system, possibly increasing inhibitory action on the respiratory center and increased sedative effect of the drug;
- Ethanol enhances its effect on psychomotor reaction;
- phenothiazine derivatives there is a risk of severe hyperthermia;
- cyclosporin reduces its concentration in the blood;
With prolonged use Tetralgin need to monitor liver function and pattern of peripheral blood.
Perhaps the development of allergic reactions in patients with asthma and hay fever.