Tavanic - synthetic antibacterial drug used in the treatment of various diseases.
Pharmacological action tavanic
The active ingredient tavanic - levofloxacin (fluoroquinolone), provides a wide spectrum of antibacterial activity and is active against most strains of microorganisms.
When applying Tavanik causes significant morphological changes in the cytoplasm and membranes and cell walls of the microbial cells.
Cross-resistance between drug tavanic and other antimicrobial agents are usually not observed, due to the specific mechanism of action of the active ingredient.
Tavanic drug produced in the form:
- Oblong pale pink tablets containing 250 and 500 mg of levofloxacin. 3, 5, 7, and 10 pieces in a blister;
- Greenish-yellow, transparent solution for infusion in bottles of 100 ml, containing 500 mg of levofloxacin.
By analogues tavanic containing the same active ingredient, are medicines: Glewe, Ivatsin, Levotek, Levofloxacin, Maklevo, Signitsef, Tanflomed, Lebel, Fleksid, Remedy, Elefloks.
In addition, there are several analogs tavanic providing a similar therapeutic effect. These include preparations in different dosage forms: Abaktal, Basij, Zanotsin, Zofloks, Ifitsipro, Kvintor, Dzheofloks, Normaks, Lofoks, Ofloks, Ofloxacin, Pefloksabol, facts and some others.
Tavanik instructions prescribed by the treatment of bacterial infections caused by sensitive to the active ingredient (levofloxacin) microorganisms, namely when:
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
- Infections of the abdomen;
- Acute sinusitis;
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections;
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- Community-acquired pneumonia;
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis;
- Complications of urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
In addition, the use of tavanic effectively as part of an integrated treatment of tuberculosis (in drug-resistant forms).
According to the instructions Tavanic is contraindicated in the following cases:
- In children and adolescents up to 18 years (due to the continued growth of the skeleton);
- If it affects the tendons associated with taking fluoroquinolones in history;
- In epilepsy;
- During the period of lactation;
- When pregnancy;
- If hypersensitivity to levofloxacin or auxiliary components tavanic.
As a rule, tavanic used with caution:
- When predisposition to seizures;
- When gravis;
- At deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate (to avoid the risk of hemolytic reactions);
- Diabetes mellitus;
- If the kidney function;
- People in old age.
Usually Tavanik (depending upon the dosage form) taken orally or intravenously to two times per day with 250 or 500 mg.
Since food intake does not affect the effectiveness of tavanic, taking the drug can be in any time between meals and during the meal. However, when used together with tavanic antacids should observe an interval of at least 2 hours between them.
The duration of treatment and accept the instructions for dosage tavanic depend on the disease.
In the treatment of acute sinusitis and CAP tavanic take 1 tablet (500 mg) once a day from 10 to 14 days.
Application tavanic an exacerbation of chronic bronchitis is shown at the same dosage, but the duration of treatment varies from a week to 10 days.
For the treatment of uncomplicated urinary tract infections is prescribed for three days at 250 mg. In complicated infections more prolonged treatment (up to 10 days).
Treatment of prostatitis should be at least 28 days at a dosage of 500 mg, taken in one or two steps.
In the treatment of infections of skin and soft tissues of the abdominal cavity and bacteremia application tavanic shown for 1-2 weeks at 500 mg. This treatment of infections of the abdominal cavity should be carried out simultaneously with the reception of antibacterial agents have effects on the anaerobic flora.
When TB therapy (drug-resistant forms of the disease) 0, 5-1 g tavanic take over three months.
The most likely symptoms of overdose tavanic of instructions are:
- Disturbances of consciousness (in some cases - confusion);
Drug interaction tavanic
Particular caution should be exercised while applying tavanic with:
- Preparations containing divalent or trivalent cations (e.g., antacids that contain aluminum or magnesium, iron salts);
- Medicines that violate the renal tubular secretion of levofloxacin (eg probenicid and cimetidine);
- Drugs that prolong the interval QT (e.g., tricyclic antidepressants, antiarrhythmics of class IA and III, macrolides);
Side effects tavanic
Most often when taking tavanic Review developed the following undesirable effects:
- Diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting;
Several less tavanic Review leads to development:
- Leucopenia, eosinophilia;
- Somnolence, tremor, dysgeusia;
- Feelings of anxiety, confusion;
- Shortness of breath;
- Abdominal pain, dyspepsia;
- Rash, itching, and hives;
- Arthralgia, myalgia;
Rare and extremely rare when the therapy is tavanic Review:
- Sinus tachycardia, lowering blood pressure;
- Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- Paresthesia, convulsions;
- Blurred vision;
- Ringing in the ears;
- Mental disorders, nightmares, depression, agitation, sleep disorders;
- Defeats tendons, muscle weakness;
Also on the guest tavanic can lead to violations of the liver, urinary tract and biliary tract.
Tavanic relates to antibacterial agents with a shelf life of 5 years.