Tranexam - is a drug belonging to the group of hemostatic drugs.
Pharmacological action Traneksama
Tranexam is an inhibitor of fibrinolysis. It has antifibrinolytic action and prevents the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin. The instructions to Traneksamu noted that the drug has a good system and local hemostatic effect. Its use is particularly effective when bleeding associated with increased blood fibrinolizina, for example, in the pathology of platelets or menorrhagia. In addition, reviews Tranexam able to provide anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor and anti-allergic action.
This drug is well and fairly evenly distributed throughout the body, is able to penetrate the blood-brain and placental barrier. After receiving tablets Traneksama its maximum concentration in the blood observed after three hours. Therapeutic concentrations in tissues preserved for about 17 hours.
If the kidney function may occur in the patient accumulation of tranexamic acid.
Tranexam: instructions for use
As a hemostatic drug Tranexam used in the following cases:
- For the prevention of bleeding due to increased system maintenance fibrinolizina, as well as for the treatment (bleeding in pregnancy, liver disease, cancer of the prostate and pancreas, manual removal of placenta, postpartum hemorrhage, surgery and early postoperative period, chorion detachment, leukemia, hemophilia );
- For the prevention and treatment of bleeding caused by local activation fibrinolizina (tooth extraction in patients with hemorrhagic diathesis, hematuria, gastrointestinal bleeding, nasal and uterine bleeding).
According to the instructions Tranexam can be used as anti-allergic agent for the treatment of allergic dermatitis, urticaria, eczema. Tranexam also can be used in the treatment of angioedema (angioedema).
In the opinion of Tranexam, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, is a very effective drug in the treatment of stomatitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
Methods of application Traneksama
Tranexam take tablets:
- By repeating epistaxis three times a day for 1, r 0 for 7 days;
- Uterine bleeding - 1, 0 g every six hours for three days;
- After a tooth extraction in patients with hemorrhagic diathesis for the prevention of secondary hemorrhage Tranexam tablets assigned 25 mg / kg 4 times a day for a week;
- For the treatment of hereditary angioedema drug prescribed courses or permanently to 1, 0 g twice daily;
- Postoperatively, 1, 5 g three times a day for 10 - 14 days.
Tranexam intravenous drip or bolus is typically used to stop major bleeding, and bleeding occurred during surgery. Before tooth extraction in patients with bleeding disorders drug is also administered intravenously, and after extraction Tranexam prescribed tablets.
Side effects Traneksama
The instructions to Traneksamu noted that the use of this drug can lead to the development of the following adverse reactions:
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea;
- Drowsiness, color perception and vision, weakness, dizziness;
- Thromboembolism, thrombosis, chest pain, tachycardia;
- Hives, skin rash, itching.
In the opinion of Tranexam the rapid introduction can lead to hypotension.
According to the instructions Tranexam contraindicated in the following cases:
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage;
- Individual intolerance to the drug.
With extreme caution should be used Tranexam in the treatment of patients with myocardial infarction, deep vein thrombosis, or blood vessels of the brain, as well as kidney failure.
Using Traneksama during pregnancy is allowed only in cases when the mother's body benefits greatly exceeds the possible risk of adverse effects on the fetus.
Interaction with other drugs Traneksama
Tranexam as a solution for intravenous administration can not be mixed with blood, hypertensive agents, urokinase, penicillin, diazepam, tetracyclines. When concomitant administration Traneksama with other hemostatic agents may sharp increase in activity of the process of thrombosis.
Release form and storage conditions
Tranexam produced in the form of tablets, coated tablets and ampoule solution intended for intravenous administration. The drug is stored in a cool, dry and dark place, away from children. Shelf life Traneksama - three years.