Rupafin - an effective anti-allergic medication used in the treatment of rhinitis and urticaria.
Rupafin produced in the form of orange-pink round tablets containing 10 mg rupatadina and excipients. 7 and 10 in the blister units.
Analogues Rupafina of the active ingredient is not released. By analogues Rupafina mechanism of action include medicines in several dosage forms:
- Tablets - Gifast, Dimebon, Gistafen, Dimedrohin, Alerpriv, Allerfeks, Diatsin, Dramina, ketotifen, Klallergin, Klaridol, Klarisens, loratadine, Claritin, Lomilan, LoraGeksal, Feakes, Lordestin Ciel, Beksist-sanovel, Kestin;
- Drops - Diazolin;
- Rectal suppositories - Lothar;
- Syrup - ketotifen, Klargotil, Kestin, Erolin, ketotifen Sopharma, Klaridol, Klarisens, Klarotadin, loratadine, Hemofarm Peritol, Aerius;
- Oral suspension - Lomilan.
Pharmacological action Rupafina
The active ingredient Rupafina (rupatadin), showing high antihistamine activity selectively acts on peripheral H1-histamine receptors.
The drug at therapeutic doses (10-20 mg per day) on the activity of the central nervous system is not affected.
Rupafin at the instructions indicated for the symptomatic treatment of adults and adolescents from 12 years:
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria;
- Allergic rhinitis.
Contraindications to the use of Rupafina on instructions include:
- Renal and hepatic failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Due to lack of data on efficacy and safety Rupafin not appointed:
- During the period of lactation;
- When pregnancy;
- In pediatrics to 12 years.
According to the instructions, Rupafin prescribed with caution:
- Against the backdrop of extended interval QT;
- If uncorrected hypokalemia;
- If persistent pro-arrhythmic conditions;
- At the age of 65;
- Simultaneously with statins and grapefruit juice.
Tablets Rupafin taken orally, and their effectiveness is not dependent on food intake.
The recommended daily dose of medication is one tablet.
Drug interaction Rupafina
In applying tablet Rupafin with ketoconazole or erythromycin increases their systemic exposure without changes of QT interval and increase the incidence of adverse reactions.
Application Rupafina with grapefruit juice is not recommended due to increased common action of medication and with a statin should be taken with caution.
Side effects Rupafina
Most often when taking Rupafina, reviews, there is fatigue, drowsiness and headache, but usually cancel the drug, these side effects do not require.
Among other undesirable effects with Rupafina, reviews, comments:
- Dry mouth.
Furthermore, the tablets may cause disorder Rupafin various body systems:
- Pain in the throat and larynx, dryness of the nasal mucosa, epistaxis, cough, sore throat, dry throat, rhinitis (respiratory system);
- Reduced attention span and irritability (nervous system);
- Abdominal pain, nausea, dyspepsia, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation (digestive system);
- Rash (skin and subcutaneous tissue);
- Increased appetite (metabolism);
- Arthralgia, back pain, myalgia (musculoskeletal system).
In rare cases in patients receiving Rupafina, reviews, there is a general malaise, thirst, fever, and weight gain.
Rupafin refers to the number of allergy medications without prescription with a shelf life of 36 months, subject to the standard conditions of storage (at temperatures up to 25 ° C).