Lopedium - symptomatic antidiarrheal drug used in allergy, drug or radiation diarrhea.
Lopedium has antidiarrhoeal effect of reducing the motility and tone of smooth muscles of the intestines, and reduces the urge to defecate and retaining feces.
Action Lopedium comes quickly and lasts up to 6 hours.
Lopedium produced in the form:
- Grey gelatin capsules containing a homogeneous white powder. Each capsule contains 2 mg of loperamide hydrochloride. Other ingredients - corn starch, talc, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate. 10 pieces in a blister;
- White round tablets with Valium Lopedium, each of which contains 2 mg of loperamide hydrochloride. Other ingredients - sodium starch glycolate, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, lactose monohydrate, corn starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate. 10 pieces in a blister.
According to the instructions Lopedium apply:
- When diarrhea is caused by a change in diet;
- As symptomatic treatment of chronic and acute diarrhea drug, allergic, emotional or radiation etymology;
- To adjust the seat for ileostomy;
- As an adjunct in the diarrhea of infectious origin.
According to the instructions Lopedium is contraindicated in:
- Bowel obstruction;
- Ulcerative colitis in the acute stage;
- Diarrhea to severe pseudomembranous enterocolitis background;
- As monotherapy for dysentery and other infections of the gastrointestinal tract;
- If you are hypersensitive Lopedium components.
Lopedium of instruction is contraindicated during lactation, and in the first trimester of pregnancy. Babies Lopedium appointed no earlier than six years.
Lopedium used with caution in hepatic failure.
Instructions for use Lopedium
Tablets and capsules Lopedium taken orally without chewing.
In acute and chronic diarrhea adult appointed initially for 2 capsules or tablets Lopedium, then, in the case of loose stool - one tablet after each act of defecation. Do not take more than the maximum daily dose - 8 tablets Lopedium.
Lopedium children over 6 years appoint 1 tablet after each act of defecation, but not more than 6 mg per day.
Use of the drug can be stopped 12 hours after cessation of symptoms.
In case of overdose of Lopedium instructions can develop incoordination, stupor, cramps, drowsiness, muscle hypertonicity, respiratory depression, and in some cases - intestinal obstruction. Naloxone is used for the treatment and symptomatic treatment under medical supervision for up to 48 hours.
Children Lopedium often causes skin rashes and nausea. Adults also may cause various side effects:
- Dry mouth;
- Intestinal cramps;
- Drowsiness or insomnia;
- Skin rash.
In the absence of the effect in the treatment of more than two days is necessary to clarify the diagnosis, to avoid infection.
Lopedium canceled when the pop constipation or bloating.
Permitted use Lopedium as an agent Valium holidays. Shelf life - up to 5 years.