Delagil is an antimalarial and amebitsidnym (kills parasites) tool.
Delagil - antiprotozoal drug that is effective against infections caused by protozoa.
The active ingredient of the drug - chloroquine. Delagil has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive (suppress the immune system) properties, which are due to its ability to inhibit the synthesis of nucleic acids.
Action delagil leads to the death of asexual erythrocytic forms of Plasmodium (protozoan parasites, some species of which are capable of causing malaria). Delagil has gametotsidnoe effective for many simple - kill gametocytes, which are the simplest stage of development, the preceding stage of the formation of sexual forms.
Apply delagil guide recommends that you:
- prevention and treatment of all kinds of malaria;
- extra-intestinal amebiasis (a parasitic disease caused by amoebas);
- amoebic abscess (purulent inflammation of the tissues of the liver);
- subacute and chronic forms of systemic lupus erythematosus (a disease of the connective tissue and blood vessels);
- rheumatoid arthritis (purulent inflammatory joint disease);
- photodermatosis (increased skin sensitivity to sunlight);
- scleroderma (a disease of connective tissue with shelving scar tissue);
- porphyria cutanea tarda (violation of pigment metabolism).
Instructions for use delagil
Delagil is available in tablet form. intended for ingestion. One tablet of the drug corresponds to 0, 25 g of chloroquine.
Delagil tablets to prevent malaria are assigned as follows: twice in the first week 2 tablets after which a transition is made to once a week (on the same day). Treatment of malaria involves the first day of intake of 1 g of the drug, 6-8 hours should be taken even 0, 5 g delagil. On the second day is assigned 0, 75 g to be taken at one time, on the third day repeated regimen conducted on the second day.
When amebiasis delagil tablets should be taken 3 times a day: in the first week - at 0, 5 grams, during the second week - at 0, 25, of the following 2-6 months of drug is given 2 times a week 0, '75
In rheumatoid arthritis delagil tablets take on 0, r 5: during the first week - 2 times a day, then one time per day for one year.
In systemic lupus erythematosus, drug taking daily 1-2 tablets.
When photodermatosis delagil pills are taken at 0, 25 g for 7 days, then you must go to the weekly intake 0, 5-0, 75 grams of the drug.
Treating children with drug delagil involves three drug. On the first day of the first year of life, children appoint 0, 05 g, for children 1-6 years - 0, 125 g, for children 6-10 years - 0, 25g, children 10-15 years - 0, 5, the second and third day assigned dose is half of the dose taken in the first day.
According to the instructions, delagil may be the cause of undesirable effects such as:
- vomiting, nausea, gastralgia;
- dizziness, psychosis, sleep disturbances, headache, seizures;
- lowering blood pressure, myocardial damage;
- photosensitivity, dermatitis;
- discoloration of skin and hair, leukopenia (decreased white blood cell count), myalgia (muscle aches);
- long-term use - ringing in the ears, blurred vision, retinal damage, corneal opacity.
Take delagil instruction is prohibited in:
- kidney or liver failure;
- severe arrhythmias;
- suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- psoriatic arthritis;
- purpurinuria (elevated levels of porphyrins in urine);
Be wary appointed delagil deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, etipepsii (loss of consciousness and convulsions) and retinopathy (damage to the retina).
The temperature at which the deposited drug does not exceed 25
C. Shelf life delagil - 5 years.
By delagil analogues are Hingamin, chloroquine phosphate and chloroquine.
These delagil analogues have the same properties, indications and contraindications, and that the drug delagil as their active ingredient is also chloroquine. Dosage regimen delagil analogues depends on the expected therapeutic effect, shape and amount of release of active substance in these preparations.