Sulfadimetoksin - antibacterial drug having a wide range of applications.
Active ingredient sulfadimetoksin antibacterial activity against:
- Gram positive bacteria: Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp .;
- Chlamydia trachomatis;
- Gram negative bacteria: Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Shigella spp ..
When administered by indications Sulfadimethoxine, compared with other antibiotics has long action.
Form release sulfadimetoksin
Sulfadimethoxine release in the dosage form of tablets, which contain 200 or 500 mg of active substance of the same name. On 10, 20 and 30 pieces per pack.
Sulfadimetoksin as the active substance is part of an ointment for external use Levosin.
Analogues sulfadimetoksin mode of action are the drugs and Sulfalen Sulfapiridazin as tablets and Sulfalen-meglumine in the dosage form of solution for injection.
Sulfadimetoksin according to the instructions indicated for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms, are sensitive to the active ingredient of the drug. Such diseases include:
- Sore throat;
- Inflammatory diseases of the biliary and urinary tracts;
- Wound infections.
According to the instructions to apply Sulfadimetoksin contraindicated in the following cases:
- When inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- When Porfirio;
- In renal and hepatic failure;
- When azotemia;
- In chronic heart failure;
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- In congenital deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- In case of hypersensitivity to the components sulfadimetoksin and sulfonamides.
During treatment, it is recommended according to the instructions sulfadimetoksin rich alkaline water.
On the first day of treatment according to instructions Sulfadimethoxine adults appoint 1 g, for children - 25 mg / kg, and over the next days the dose is reduced by half. The daily dosage taken at intervals of not less than one day.
In severe forms of the disease shows sulfadimetoksin use in combination with drugs of erythromycin, penicillin and some other.
As a rule, the use of sulfadimetoksin effective in treatment duration of seven to ten days. Supporting dose should be taken for at least three days after returning to normal temperature.
In severe disease daily dose sulfadimetoksin Review can be increased.
When resistant forms of malaria sulfadimetoksin ongoing therapy should be combined with anti-malarial drugs.
In the treatment should take into account that:
- Sulfadimetoksin reduces the effectiveness of some of bactericidal antibiotics;
- The antibacterial activity of the drug reduces benzocaine, procaine, and tetracaine;
- Barbiturates and p-aminosalicylic acid reduces the antimicrobial effect sulfadimetoksin.
In addition, Sulfadimetoksin:
- It enhances metabolism of immunosuppressive drug cyclosporin;
- It may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.
External ointment containing sulfadimethoxine as the active component, used to improve the regeneration of tissues.
Side effects sulfadimetoksin
Sulfadimetoksin on responses can cause unwanted side effects, manifested as:
- Drug fever;
- Dyspeptic symptoms, vomiting, nausea, cholestatic hepatitis;
- Skin rashes;
- Agranulocytosis, leukopenia.
According to the testimony Sulfadimetoksin available on medical prescription. Shelf life of the product - not more than five years.