Streptocide - antimicrobial drug belonging to the group of chemotherapy drugs with bacteriostatic activity against streptococci, gonococci, meningococci, E. coli, pneumococcus and other bacteria.
Structure and Composition
The drug is available in the following dosage forms:
- White tablets containing 300 and 500 mg streptotsida in packs of ten pieces;
- Streptotsidnoy ointment 5% and 10% on the basis of vaseline, in tubes 25, 30 or 50 g;
- 5% suspension containing 5 g streptocid thymol 0 5 g, distilled water 69, 75 g and 20 g of emulsifier;
- Liniment 5%, which is composed of 5 g streptocid animal fat 3, 1 g, lime water 57 9 g, 34 g of fish oil in banks of 25 or '30
Structural analogues streptotsida of the active substance: Streptonitol, Osartsid, sulfonamides.
In addition, these drugs produce streptotsida:
- Streptocide soluble as a white powder. This analog streptotsida due to good solubility in water, can be applied not only inside but also intramuscularly, subcutaneously and intravenously;
- Ointment Sunoref, which included present streptocid, eucalyptus oil, sulfadimezin, camphor, ephedrine hydrochloride, norsulfazol. The ointment is used topically for the treatment of chronic and acute rhinitis.
According to the instructions Streptocide bacteriostatic effect. In its effective drugs are largely inferior to modern antibiotics. Currently, many strains of microorganisms, such as hospital, unresponsive to treatment streptotsidom.
The drug acts on Gram-negative and Gram-positive cocci, chlamydia, gram-negative rods, pectoris, protozoa. In an alkaline environment streptotsida activity increases.
By the treatment of immune streptotsidom anaerobes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, enterococci.
When using streptotsida inside quickly absorbed in 1-2 hours its maximum observed plasma concentration.
With the advent of more active and better tolerated much sulfa drugs and antibiotics importance of the drug as a medicament for the treatment of bacterial infections significantly decreased.
According to the instructions Streptocide shows:
- in chronic and acute gonorrhea;
- when wound infections;
- in colitis;
- when an epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis;
- angina and various cocci infections;
- when pyelitis;
- when kolibatsillyarnom cystitis.
Especially effective streptotsida treatment for infections caused by beta-hemolytic streptococcus (puerperal sepsis, erysipelas skin, streptococcal pneumonia, and others.).
According to the instructions Streptocide appointed interior with smear-positive cocci and diseases. Usually, the dosage for adults is 0, 5-1 g reception from four to six times a day, but no more than seven times.
When wound infections with purulent complication in the treatment of infected burns appoint an introduction to wound powder, liniment or ointment streptotsida.
The maximum dose of the drug for adults:
- 2 g - single;
- 7 g - daily.
Application streptotsida contraindicated in:
- severe hepatic or renal failure;
- congenital lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Treatment is contraindicated streptotsida newborns, as it causes kernicterus.
The drug is in the form of tablets is contraindicated in children under three years.
Side effects streptotsida
The instructions to streptotsida contain the following side effects:
- Hemopoietic system: thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, anaphylactic shock, pruritus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome.
- Urinary system: crystalluria at acidic urine.
- Gastrointestinal tract: transient changes in liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting.
Symptoms of overdose include: headache, nausea, vomiting, cyanosis, dizziness.
In case of overdose should spend symptomatic therapy.
Drug interaction streptotsida
In the treatment of drug or analogue streptotsida be aware that the Novocain and other drugs with similar chemical structure containing the rest of parabens can be antisulfanilamidnoe action.
The preparation is stored in a dry, dark place. Shelf life Tablets streptotsida is ten years, ointment - four years liniment - half years.