Simgal - lipid-lowering drug.
Structure and Composition Simgal
Simgal provided in the form of tablets, coated tablets, containing active substance - simvastatin 10, 20 or 40 mg.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, ascorbic acid, citric acid monohydrate, butylhydroxyanisole.
The blisters through 7 and 14 tablets.
Simgal analogues are the following drugs: Allesta, Vasilip, Zovatin, Soest, Simvakard, Simvalimit, simvastatin.
Hypolipidemic drugs, HMG-CoA reductase extracted from Aspergillus terreus fermentation synthetically.
Simgal instructions for causing reduction of VLDL, LDL, triglycerides in plasma, as well as total cholesterol (in the case of mixed hyperlipidemia, and non-familial heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, when the high content of cholesterol in the blood is not safe for the body).
In the opinion of Simgal reduces the ratio of HDL / LDL, total cholesterol / HDL and increases the concentration of HDL.
Effect Simgal or analogs manifested after two weeks of use. The maximum therapeutic effect is achieved after 1-1 months 5 of the drug.
Action Review Simgal maintained throughout the treatment. After discontinuation cholesterol is becoming the same.
According to the instructions Simgal shows:
- with combined hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia, is not amenable to adjustment by special diets and physical activity;
- with primary hypercholesterolemia in case of failure hypolipidemic diet and other non-drug agents in patients with a tendency to the appearance of coronary atherosclerosis.
Assign Simgal according to the instructions in CHD:
- to reduce the risk of death;
- for prevention of myocardial infarction;
- to reduce the risk revaskulyatsii procedures;
- to slow the progression of atherosclerosis.
Effective drug or analogs Simgal in cerebrovascular disease (with transient ischemic disorders and stroke).
According to the instructions Simgal contraindicated in the following cases:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- The active phase of liver disease, a persistent increase in liver enzymes of unknown nature;
- diseases of skeletal muscles (myopathy);
- age 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the active or other ingredients.
According to reviews Simgal be used with caution:
- in the case of alcohol abuse;
- transplant patients receiving immunosuppressive treatment;
- arterial hypotension;
- for violations of water-electrolyte balance;
- when expressed endocrine and metabolic disorders;
- infectious diseases heavy currents;
- trauma and surgery;
- patients with reduced skeletal muscle tone of unknown nature.
Methods of application and dosing regimen Simgal
Before treatment, the patient is recommended to appoint a hypolipidemic diet, which must comply with throughout the course of treatment or analogue Simgal.
As a rule, according to the instructions Simgal taken orally once a day, preferably in the evening, drinking water pill.
In the treatment of hypercholesterolemia recommended dosage of the drug varies from 10 to 80 mg once a day. The initial dose is 10 mg. Dose adjustment should be carried out at an interval of one month. In most patients, the optimal effect is obtained when receiving Simgal a dosage of 20 mg per day.
In the case of homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia recommended dosage of a drug or analog Simgal is 40 mg once a day, or 80 mg, divided into three portions.
In ischemic heart disease, or at risk of developing the dosage is 20-40 mg once a day.
In the case where the patient a drug combines with verapamil or amiodarone Simgal maximum daily dose should not exceed 20 mg.
As a rule, Simgal Review, when used in the recommended dosages, is well tolerated by patients. Possible side effects of the various systems of vital activity:
- vomiting, nausea, diarrhea or constipation, abdominal pain, hepatitis, flatulence, elevated liver enzymes, flatulence, pancreatitis;
- insomnia, dizziness, headache, asthenic syndrome, blurred vision, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, dysgeusia, cramps;
- weakness, muscle cramps, myopathy, myalgia, rhabdomyolysis;
- acute renal failure;
- photosensitivity, pruritus, rash, alopecia, dermatomyositis;
- polymyalgia rheumatica, angioneurotic edema, fever, lupus-like syndrome, flushing of the skin, eosinophilia, rash, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- dyspnea, flushing, reduced potency, palpitations.
Application Simgal during pregnancy and lactation
According to the instructions Simgal is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Incoming several reviews Simgale, indicating the development of abnormalities in newborns whose mothers took the drug. Therefore, women of childbearing age who take the drug or analogs Simgal should avoid conception.
There are no data on the allocation of the active substance in breast milk Simgal absent. However, keep in mind that most drugs are excreted in human breast milk, therefore the use of the drug during breast feeding is not recommended.
Keep it in a cool dry place for no longer than four years.