Silimar - a herbal remedy used to treat diseases of the biliary tract and liver.
Pharmacological action Silimar
The active substance has a marked Silimar hepatoprotective and anti-toxic action, due to its effects on the metabolism of cells of the liver.
In applying the drug is activated synthesis of enzymes and proteins in the hepatocytes. Furthermore, Silimar improves regeneration processes and slows the penetration of toxins in the liver cells.
The drug Silimar produced in the form of light brown tablets ploskotsilindricheskoy or lenticular form containing 100 mg of active substance - extract of milk thistle.
10, 30 and 60 units per cell package, for 30 and 60 units in the polystyrene canisters.
By analogues Silimar include drugs:
- According to the active substance - Kars Rosilimarin, Silibinin, Kars Forte Silibor;
- By way of action - Methionine, Holenol, Peponen, remaxol, Tykveol, Kriomelt MN Phosphogliv, Deepa, potassium orotate, Glutargin, Gepafor, Gepatosan.
According to the instructions Silimar prescribed for:
- Toxic liver damage;
- Cirrhosis of the liver, most commonly in the complex therapy;
- Chronic hepatitis, as well as in states after suffering hepatitis.
In addition, reviews of Silimar effective for prophylaxis in:
- Chronic intoxication, including trade;
- Long reception of alcohol and drugs.
According to the instructions Silimar contraindicated to take:
- If hypersensitivity to the active ingredient, incorporated in a tablet;
- Children under 12 years old;
- Nursing mothers;
- Pregnant women.
According to the instructions Silimar should be taken before meals (30-40 minutes) 1-2 tablets three times a day. The most effective drug for the duration of 25-30 days receive.
If necessary, treatment can be repeated after Silimar few months.
Data on overdose Silimar not fixed.
Side effects Silimar
In the opinion of Silimar can cause allergic reactions and, in some cases, medication may have a laxative effect.
The drug belongs to a hepatoprotective drug prescription. Manufacturer's recommended shelf life - 36 months.