Sanorin - the preparation of local vasoconstrictor effect, is used to relieve nasal breathing in acute rhinitis.
The active agent in the composition Sanorin - naphazoline (nafazolina nitrate) refers to a group of alpha2-agonists. It provides local vasoconstrictor effect on the capillaries of the mucous membrane, thus eliminating the manifestations of acute inflammation - flushing, enhanced exudation, edema. In rhinitis nasal breathing helps to restore, with otitis and other diseases of the nasopharynx restores patency of the eustachian tube. The introduction of Sanorin eucalyptus oil (emulsion Sanorin 0, 1%) enhances the therapeutic effect associated with the substance having antiinflammatory action.
There is evidence on the effectiveness of Sanorin as a decongestant for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
Sanorin not used longer than 7 days, since the drug is addictive and adverse effects.
Composition Sanorin: nafazolina nitrate plus excipients (boric acid, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, ethylene, purified water).
The drug is available in the following dosage forms:
- Nasal drops 0, 05% (for children);
- Nasal drops 0 and 1%;
- Nasal Spray 0, 1%;
- Emulsion nasal Sanorin 0 eucalyptus oil, 1%.
And the emulsion droplets are produced in bottles of dark glass bottle 10ml, fitted with a dispenser, spray in opaque plastic bottles with spray, capacity 10ml.
In accordance with the instruction Sanorin shown in the following conditions:
- Coryza (rhinitis, nasopharyngitis);
- Acute and chronic sinusitis;
- Acute and chronic laryngitis;
- Otitis unknown etiology;
- Inflammation and / or blockage of the Eustachian tube (evstahiit);
- In the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis;
- Reviews Sanorin received from clinicians, evidence of its effective use during diagnostic procedures, namely to facilitate rhinoscopy.
Instructions for use Sanorin
In the treatment of acute rhinitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, evstahiita, in accordance with the instructions Sanorin appoint 1-3 drops or 1-2 spray into each nostril 3 to 4 times per day. The emulsion appoint 1-3 drops in each nostril 2-3 times a day. For the treatment of adults (15 years and older) effective use Sanorin 0, 1%, in pediatric practice (from 2 to 15 years) use 0, 05% -s' drug.
The interval between taking the medicine must be at least 4 hours, especially strictly necessary to comply with this rule for young children.
Attention! In accordance with the instructions Sanorin adults used for no longer than 7 days, the children are not longer than 3 days. If an urgent need for use of the drug is not available, it is possible to interrupt reception, renewing indicated.
To stop nasal bleeding nostril put a cotton swab soaked in nasal drops 0, 05%.
During the rinoskopii buried in each nostril 2-4 drops of 0, 1% solution with 1 ml of the anesthetic.
In the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis solution Sanorin 0, 05% dropped into the eyes of 1-2 drops 3-4 times a day, the duration of therapy is determined by the doctor, at an average of 2-5 days.
Application technology Sanorin:
- Emulsion droplets, and instilled into the nose when his head thrown back, dripping into the left nostril head slightly turned to the right, dribbling into the right nostril - to the left;
- The emulsion before each application must be shaken;
- Spray before the first application must be brought into the working position, namely 2-3 intensively press the dispenser, holding the vial vertically to ensure the availability of the drug substance.
Most of the available reviews Sanorin indicate it as safe and effective when taken in strict accordance with the instructions. Generally, any undesirable effects caused by the instructions, or hypersensitive individual. In clinical practice, we note the following side effects of this drug:
- Cardiac arrhythmias;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Dryness of the nasal mucosa, which contributes to capillary fragility, thus causing nosebleeds;
- Thyroid disease;
- Chronic rhinitis;
- Individual hypersensitivity;
- Cardiac arrhythmia;
- Expressed atherosclerosis;
- MAO inhibitors - simultaneously or ending not earlier than two weeks;
- The drug is not indicated for children under 2 years.
Application Sanorin during pregnancy
Research on the effects of Sanorin during pregnancy have not been conducted, therefore accurate data on the pathological effect of the drug in this period did not have doctors. However, given the fact that even a small amount of vasoconstrictor drugs may theoretically have a negative effect on the blood supply to the fetus during pregnancy Sanorin prescribed only after a medical consultation for a period of not more than 3-5 days.
An overdose of the drug causes swelling of the nasal mucosa, which leads to its congestion. With prolonged use addictive formed as a constant congestion impedes nasal breathing self.
An overdose in young children, especially if accidentally swallowed medicines can be expressed in central nervous system depression, which manifests itself as general weakness, drowsiness, excessive sweating (cold sweats), decreased body temperature, slow heart rate.
In severe cases Sanorin overdose in young children can cause coma.
Storage and release
The drug is stored in a dry, dark place at a temperature of not less than 10 and not more than 25 ° C. The drug is stored in a closed 4 years after the loss of sealing the package is not more than 4 weeks. Keep away from children!
At pharmacies without prescription.