Roaccutane - a synthetic drug for the treatment of acne.
The active ingredient Roaccutane improves in severe forms of acne and anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
Roaccutane produced as opaque oval capsules brownish red labeled «ROA 10", containing active substance - isotretinoin (10 or 20 mg) as a homogeneous slurry. 10 pieces in blister packs.
Analogues are products Roaccutane Aknekutan and erase.
According to the instructions indicated for use Roaccutane when:
- Severe forms of acne including nodular or cystic acne with risk of scarring or acne conglobata;
- Acne, which are not amenable to treatment with other drugs.
Contraindications to the use of Roaccutane instructions are:
- Liver failure;
- Children under 12 years old;
- Simultaneous treatment with tetracyclines;
- The period of breast-feeding;
- Hypersensitivity to Roaccutane or its components;
- Hypervitaminosis A.
Women of childbearing age Roaccutane is contraindicated, apart from severe acne resistant to traditional treatments.
Due to the fact that Roaccutane has a strong teratogenic effect, its use during pregnancy can lead to the birth of a child with severe developmental disabilities.
Because of possible adverse effects Roaccutane is not prescribed for lactating mothers.
In diabetes, obesity, alcoholism, lipid disorders and depression in history Roaccutane and analogues used with caution.
According to the instructions Roaccutane take twice a day.
Starting Roaccutane daily dosage varies from 0 5 mg to 1 mg per 1 kg of body weight. In severe forms of acne the dose is usually double.
Action Roaccutane is most effective when treatment duration of 16 weeks to 6 months. The drug is in poor portability can be taken at a lower dose due to increased duration of therapy.
In most cases of acne symptoms disappeared after the first treatment. In cases of relapse treatment Roaccutane or analogs can be repeated after two months at the same dosage.
In cases of severe renal insufficiency treatment Roaccutane begin with a lower dose - 10 mg per day, which is gradually increased to the maximum tolerated.
Roaccutane effect in high doses results in the development of hypervitaminosis A, which may require gastric lavage in the first few hours after the overdose. Also, to avoid this side effect, it is not recommended to take simultaneously vitamin A. Roaccutane
In addition, there are other adverse drug combination:
- Simultaneous treatment with tetracyclines can cause increased intracranial pressure;
- Roaccutane or analogs leads to a weakening of the effectiveness of progesterone;
- Local irritation is amplified when combined preparation with local exfoliative or keratolytic drugs.
Many of the side effects of Roaccutane depend on the dose received and are reversible.
From the psychiatric and central nervous system by Roaccutane reviews often causes headaches, behavioral disorders, depression, seizures, increased intracranial pressure.
From the senses marked individual cases of photophobia, visual acuity disturbances, alleviate night blindness, keratitis, lenticular cataract, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, edema of the optic nerve, hearing at certain frequencies of sound, eye irritation.
Roaccutane by reviews can lead to digestive disorders that are manifested as nausea, inflammatory bowel disease, diarrhea, bleeding, pancreatitis.
In bronchial asthma Roaccutane can cause bronchospasm.
Furthermore, according to reviews Roaccutane can cause other disorders, manifested as:
- Neutropenia, anemia, leukopenia, decreased hematocrit, increase or decrease the number of platelets (the part of the hematopoietic system);
- Photoallergy, pyogenic granuloma, rash, itching, onihodistrofii, sweating, paronychia, hirsutism, increased proliferation of granulation tissue, reversible hair loss, hyperpigmentation, fulminant form of acne, photosensitivity, light injuries to the skin, persistent hair thinning (dermatologic reactions);
- Local or systemic infections caused by Gram-positive pathogens (from the immune system);
- Dry skin and mucous membranes, hoarseness, reversible corneal opacity, conjunctivitis, contact lens intolerance (effects due to hypervitaminosis A);
- Calcification of ligaments and tendons, hyperostosis, pain in muscles and joints, arthritis, tendonitis (from the musculoskeletal system);
- Lymphadenopathy, proteinuria, hematuria, systemic hypersensitivity reactions, vasculitis, glomerulonephritis.
Roaccutane is released only by prescription. Shelf life of the product - 36 months.