Retabolil - pharmacological agents from the group of anabolic steroid agents.
Structure and Composition
According to the instructions Retabolil issued in the form of an oily solution for intramuscular injection. The active substance - nandrolone. 1 ml solution contains 50 mg nandrolone and auxiliary components (benzyl alcohol, isopropanol, sunflower oil for injection).
Externally Retabolil a green-yellow oily solution with a specific smell. Preparation produced in colorless glass vials with the point of fracture blue. In 1 carton 1 vial in a plastic tray.
Pharmacological properties Retabolil
According to the instructions Retabolil is a synthetic analogue of the hormone testosterone, the drug has a prolonged effect. Retabolil promotes enhanced protein synthesis in the body, causing a delay of nitrogen, sodium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and chloride. As a result of these properties, the drug increases muscle mass, bone growth accelerates, there is water retention. Retabolil has low androgenic activity.
After introduction of the drug is slowly enters the bloodstream. Retabolil metabolized in the liver. Its half-life period is about 4, 5 hours.
- osteoporosis different etiology;
- violation of protein metabolism, increased catabolic processes (ie processes of decay), that lead to the depletion of the body (for example, burns, trauma, extensive surgery, radiation therapy, severe infectious diseases);
- cachexia of various etiologies;
- progressive spinal atrophy Werding-Hoffmann;
- progressive muscular dystrophy;
- glomerulonephritis (with a daily protein loss), conducting the program of hemodialysis in patients with chronic renal failure (CRF).
- hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the drug;
- nephrotic syndrome;
- acute / chronic prostatitis;
- prostate cancer;
- breast cancer;
- mammary cancer;
- severe liver disease, liver failure, liver metastases;
- hypercalcemia (including history);
- pregnancy and lactation.
Precautions Retabolil need to use in patients with heart, liver and kidney failure, severe atherosclerosis, hypertension, stroke, diabetes, migraine, epilepsy, benign prostatic hyperplasia, glaucoma. Cramps in history and old age are also causes for cautious use of this drug.
Dosing and Administration
According to the instructions Retabolil should be administered by deep intramuscular injection. The dose is chosen by the doctor individually. The average dose for adults 25-50 mg every 3-4 weeks. In the opinion of Retabolil well tolerated, although it is quite painful injections.
Babies Retabolil assigned based on the rate of 400 mg / kg body weight every 3-4 weeks.
In severe renal insufficiency Retabolil dose can be 50 mg weekly.
Side effects Retabolil
In the opinion of Retabolil rarely causes side effects with proper dosage regimen. In case of prolonged use of the drug, or the abuse they may experience the following side effects:
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, burning sensation in the tongue, jaundice (due to liver function abnormalities) gepatonekroz, peliosis of the liver, cholestatic hepatitis, diarrhea, bloating, changes in libido, acne, peripheral edema, hypercalcemia, the progression of atherosclerosis, anemia, iron deficiency, leykimoidny syndrome, seizures, vomiting, sleep disorders;
- women: alopecia, deep voice, dysmenorrhea / amenorrhea, clitoral enlargement, oily skin, steroid acne, hypercalcemia (nausea, vomiting, fatigue);
- men: acne, priapism, penis enlargement, hyperpigmentation of the skin, slowing / stopping the growth, bladder irritation (increased frequency of urinary urgency), mammalgia, gynecomastia, oligospermia, decreased libido, prostate hyperplasia.
No reports of overdose with this drug. Theoretically may increase side effects. Treatment is symptomatic. There is no specific antidote.
Interaction Retabolil with other drugs
Appointment Retabolil with indirect anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents may lead to increased action of the latter. The simultaneous use of hypoglycemic drugs may cause increased hypoglycemic effect.
Retabolil can be combined with corticosteroids, cytotoxic drugs and anti-TB drugs. Note that in combination with glucocorticoids (and mineralocorticoid and sodium containing a drug) may be enhanced water retention, which increases the risk of swelling.
According to the instructions Retabolil weakens the effects of growth hormone.
In an application Retabolil with hepatotoxic drugs increases the risk of liver dysfunction.
Treatment should be carried out Retabolilom strictly under medical supervision.
Before therapy with this drug should be carried out in men rectal examination of the prostate gland.
To obtain the maximum therapeutic effect of the patient during treatment should receive adequate amounts of dietary protein, fat and carbohydrates. It is necessary to conduct performance monitoring of intraocular pressure during treatment Retabolilom.
If Retabolil administered in high doses in puberty, there is a risk of premature closure of growth zones and suspension growth.
To monitor the status of epiphyseal growth zones of the tubular bones in children and adolescents should be x-ray every 6 months.
In some cases, during treatment Retabolil possible effects on the liver, resulting an increase in performance of some functional tests. It is necessary to monitor laboratory parameters every 4 weeks.
In case of menstrual disorders or symptoms of virilization Retabolilom treatment should be discontinued.
According to drug abuse can lead to metabolic, endocrine, and psychiatric disorders.