Relpaks - protivomigrenozny drug.
Structure and Composition
The drug is released in the form of round, biconvex tablets orange film-coated. One tablet contains active substance - eletriptan hydrobromide - 48, 485 mg, or 40 mg eletriptanu.
Auxiliary components: magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate.
The blister 2 pieces.
The analogue Relpaksa a drug Eletriptan.
The drug has protivomigrenoznoy activity. Application instructions on Relpaksa narrows intracranial blood vessels and has an inhibitory activity against neurogenic inflammation.
According to the instructions Relpaks prescribed for the relief of migraine attacks with or without aura aura.
The instructions to Relpaksu contain the following contraindications to the use of the drug:
- occlusive peripheral vascular disease;
- uncontrolled hypertension;
- Coronary artery disease (confirmed asymptomatic myocardial ischemia, myocardial infarction, angina, Prinzmetal angina);
- severe liver;
- transient ischemic attack or a history of cerebrovascular accident;
- age 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- rare hereditary diseases (malabsorption glucose / lactose, or a lack of lactase lactose intolerance).
Do not take the drug in conjunction with peers Relpaksa (other agonist of serotonin 5-HT1 receptors).
Relpaksa prohibited combination with inhibitors of CYP3A4, such as itraconazole, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, josamycin, erythromycin, as well as protease inhibitors such as nelfinavir, indinavir, ritonavir.
Throughout the day after receiving Relpaksa or analogue thereof not take ergotamine and its derivatives.
Be wary appoint Relpaks for instructions:
- at a dose of 40 mg in patients with impaired renal function;
- in combination with other drugs having serotonergic activity (selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors and serotonin).
A method for receiving and dosing regimen Relpaksa
According to the instructions Relpaks intended for ingestion.
In the opinion of Relpaks when migraine headache should start taking as soon as possible since its manifestations, but the drug is effective and at a late stage manifestations of migraine.
Adult patients (18 to 65 years) tend to designate an initial dosage of 40 mg.
If migraine passes, but during the day again resumed, receiving Relpaksa repeated at the same dosage. Relpaksa second dose should be taken no earlier than two hours after the first.
If the drug or analogue Relpaksa at a dosage of 40 mg is not effective, then the subsequent attacks of migraine headaches can take dosage of 80 mg.
The maximum daily dosage for adult patients is 160 mg.
In the opinion of Relpaks well tolerated by patients. We noted the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: headache, drowsiness, muscle hypertonicity, myasthenia, ataxia, tremor, hypersensitivity, impaired speech, confusion, impaired sense of taste, euphoria, insomnia, depression. There were few reviews about Relpakse indicating the occurrence of emotional lability.
- Respiratory system: rhinitis, pharyngitis, yawn, dyspnea, feeling of "tightness" in the throat, asthma, respiratory tract infections, changes in voice.
- Senses: vertigo, eye pain, blurred vision, impaired lacrimation, photophobia, pain in the ears, conjunctivitis.
- Metabolism: anorexia.
- Digestive system: nausea, abdominal pain, glossitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, swelling of the tongue, esophagitis, belching, constipation, hyperbilirubinemia.
- The lymphatic system: There have been rare reviews about Relpakse showing lymphadenopathy occur.
- Cardiovascular system: tachycardia, palpitations, increased blood pressure, shock, angina pectoris, bradycardia.
- The urinary system: polyuria, frequent urination.
- Dermatological reactions: itching, rash, sweating, urticaria.
- Reproductive system: menorrhagia, breast pain.
- Musculoskeletal system: muscle pain, back pain, myalgia, arthritis, osteoarthritis, joint pain, cramps, myopathy.
In addition, Relpaks Review and may cause side effects:
- general weakness;
- sensation of heat or "hot flashes" hot-to-face;
- feeling of chest compression;
- peripheral edema.
Application Relpaksa during pregnancy and lactation
Application data Relpaksa or analogue thereof during pregnancy absent. Use of the drug is possible only if the ratio of benefits and risks for the mother and the fetus.
Relpaksa active substance is excreted in breast milk. After taking the drug for a day it is recommended to stop breast-feeding.
The preparation is stored in a dry, dark place for no longer than 36 months.