Regulon - monophasic oral contraceptive.
Structure and Composition
Regulon is produced in the form of round, biconvex tablets white. Each tablet contains the active substances: 150 micrograms desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol 30 mcg.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, alpha-tocopherol, potato starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, povidone, magnesium stearate, stearic acid.
The blisters of 21 tablets.
Pharmacological action Regulon
The main contraceptive effect regulon is to suppress ovulation and inhibiting the synthesis of gonadotropins. The increased viscosity of the cervical mucus is slowing down the movement of sperm through the cervical canal and changes in the endometrium does not implanted a fertilized egg.
Desogestrel produces a pronounced anti-estrogenic effect and progestin, has a weak anabolic and androgenic activity.
Ethinylestradiol - the synthetic analogue of the endogenous estradiol.
Application Regulon favorable effect on lipid metabolism: increases concentration in plasma HDL are not impacting on LDL.
During the period of menstrual blood loss Regulon significantly reduced, the menstrual cycle returns to normal, improves skin condition.
According to the instructions Regulon prescribed for contraception.
The instructions to the regulon specifies the following contraindications:
- Migraine with focal neurological symptoms;
- venous thromboembolism;
- harbingers of thrombosis (angina, transient ischemic attack);
- Factors indicating a possible risk of arterial or venous thrombosis (hypertension);
- arterial or venous thrombosis (myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis calf);
- jaundice while taking corticosteroids;
- cholestatic jaundice, severe liver disease, hepatitis;
- liver tumors;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome, Gilbert's syndrome, Rotor syndrome;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- smoking at the age of 35 years;
- severe itching, otosclerosis;
- hormone-dependent breast cancers and genital organs;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Be wary appoint Regulon for instructions:
- over the age of 35 years;
- smoking women;
- when family history;
- at the risk of arterial or venous thrombosis;
- with hypertension;
- when valvular heart;
- in severe injuries;
- after surgery on the lower extremities;
- in severe depression;
- atrial fibrillation;
- after major surgery;
- a superficial thrombophlebitis and varicose veins;
- ulcerative colitis;
- Crohn's disease;
- when sickle cell anemia;
- chronic or acute liver disease;
- in the postpartum period;
- when hypertriglyceridemia;
- when valvular heart;
Dosing and dosing regimen Regulon
According to the instructions Regulon intended for ingestion.
Begin to take the pills on the first day of the menstrual cycle and take over 21 days. In the opinion of Regulon most effective if taken at one and the same time. After taking the last pill needs to be done a week break, during which must come menstruation.
The next package begin at the end of a week's break, four weeks after the first tablet of the first package. With the right preparation reception contraceptive effect Regulon preserved at the week-long break.
If a woman has forgotten to take the pill on time, you must take it within 12 hours after admission.
If it has been more than 12 hours, the efficiency of this loop regulon is significantly reduced. It is recommended to additionally use a barrier method of contraception.
In the opinion of Regulon may cause the following side effects requiring discontinuation of the drug:
- The senses: hearing loss due to otosclerosis.
- Cardiovascular system: venous or arterial thromboembolism, arterial hypertension.
- Other side effects: porphyria, Sydenham's chorea, exacerbation of reactive systemic lupus erythematosus, hemolytic uremic syndrome.
Other side effects of Regulon reviews are much more common, but do not require immediate discontinuation of the drug:
- Reproductive system: acyclic vaginal bleeding, changes in the state of vaginal mucus, increase pain and tension of the mammary glands, candidiasis, galactorrhoea, the development of inflammation of the vagina, amenorrhea after discontinuation of the drug.
- Central nervous system: migraine, headache, depression, frequent mood swings.
- Digestive system: Crohn's disease, vomiting, nausea, ulcerative colitis, exacerbation or appearance of jaundice due to cholelithiasis, cholestasis.
- Government of view when wearing contact lenses may be an increase of corneal sensitivity.
- Dermatological reactions: chloasma, rash, erythema, nodular erythema.
- Metabolism: weight gain, fluid retention, decreased carbohydrate tolerance.
- Other side effects: allergic reactions.
Overdose Regulon Review causes the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, bleeding from the vagina.
It is recommended in case of overdose gastric lavage and conduct symptomatic treatment.
The effectiveness of instruction Regulon reduce hydantoin, primidone, oxcarbazepine, felbamate, griseofulvin, carbamazepine, topiramate, rifampicin, barbiturates and St. John's wort preparations.
Also on the guest Regulon less effective in combination with tetracycline and ampicillin.
Regulon stored at a temperature of 15 to 30 degrees is not longer than 36 months.