POLYSORB - preparation for removing toxins from the body.
Release form and composition
POLYSORB is a colloidal silicon dioxide.
Available as a dry white powder for suspension, sealed in the hermetic package. Product form - disposable packages with contents of substance 3g, as well as banks of polystyrene containing 12, 25, and 50 g of the drug.
In accordance with the instructions, POLYSORB recommended for the following diseases and conditions:
- Acute food poisoning in children and adults;
- Acute intestinal infections in children and adults;
- Diseases of unknown etiology accompanied by diarrhea;
- In the combined therapy in the treatment of dysbiosis;
- Acute intoxication of any kind of poison: salts of heavy metals, medicines, household chemicals and other potent substances;
- Alcohol poisoning;
- Allergic reactions of any origin (food allergy, drug, bacterial, caused by inhalation of allergens of vegetable or chemical origin);
- Liver failure (in the complex therapy of hepatitis);
- Renal insufficiency;
- Intoxication septic origin.
Application POLYSORB prophylactically useful when working in hazardous environments, as well as the presence of force majeure which may entail intoxication, for example, air emissions of toxic substances.
The drug is not taken in the event:
- Individual intolerance;
- Acute stage of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Aton intestine.
Dosage and Administration
According to the instructions, POLYSORB be diluted before use pure non-carbonated room temperature water to the state of a slurry (suspension), to which 1 g of the drug is required from 30 to 50 ml of water. It is recommended to prepare fresh slurry before each dose. Take 1 hour before eating or taking other medicines.
The average daily dose for adults is 0, 1-0, 2 g per 1 kg of body weight (6-12 g). The maximum daily dose in adults 0, 33 g per 1 kg of body weight (20 g).
The dose for children depends on the body weight:
10 kg - to 0, 5-1, 5 teaspoons per day;
11-20 kg - 1 teaspoon of "no slide" on 1 reception;
21-30 kg - 1 teaspoon "heaped" on 1 reception;
31-40 kg - 2 teaspoons "heaped" on 1 reception;
41-60 kg - 1 tablespoon of "heaped" on 1 reception;
60 kg - 1-2 tablespoons of "heaped" on one drug.
1 teaspoon "heaped" = 1 g of the drug
1 tablespoon "heaped" = 2, 5-3 g of the drug.
The daily dose distribute 3-4 hours, but not less than 2.
The course of therapy enterosorbent averages:
- In acute intestinal infections and intoxications - from 3 to 5 days to 15 days;
- In the combined therapy of viral hepatitis - 7 to 10 days, the greatest effect when used in the early days of the disease;
- In the complex treatment of renal failure - 25-30 days, the treatment can be repeated after 2-3 weeks.
In cases of food allergy drug is taken just before a meal, the daily dose POLYSORB share during the day on three receptions.
In acute intoxication, accompanied by vomiting or loss of consciousness, that is, states that impede the use of POLYSORB, the drug can be introduced into the stomach using a probe gastronazalnogo.
In some acute conditions (severe allergies, etc.) can be assigned to pre-gastric lavage solution enterosorbent.
When taken in accordance with the instructions POLYSORB well tolerated and usually does not cause complaints. However, long-term use enterosorbent broken intake of vital substances: vitamins, micro-and macro. Therefore, if necessary, use a long POLYSORB parallel to prescribe a course of multivitamins, calcium, etc.
In some cases, the drug can cause indigestion, which is often manifested as constipation. You can prevent this by eating more during the treatment of water - up to 3 liters per day for an adult.
There have been cases of individual intolerance of the drug.
Please note that this tool removes from the body drugs, reducing their activity, so take other medicines of general validity during treatment POLYSORB be an interval of at least 2 hours after administration.
Attention! The drug is strictly forbidden to take into the powder, without dilution with water!
Similar actions have other chelators: Enterosgel, Polyphepan, Laktrofiltrum, Ultrasorb, Activated Carbon, Siliks.
Terms and conditions of storage
POLYSORB powder in sealed jars stored in a dry, dark place at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C for 5 years.
The slurry is kept not more than 48 hours.
Keep away from children. At pharmacies without prescription.