Polkortolon - anti-inflammatory agent.
Polkortolon refers to a group derived from a glucocorticosteroid and prednisolone.
The active drug substance, triamcinolone reduces capillary permeability and leukocyte accumulation, macrophage in inflammation inhibits immune response cells and exhibits thus immunosuppressive effect.
In addition, under the influence of Polkortolona decreases the amount of calcium in the blood, inhibits the formation of bone tissue, which is used for the prevention of osteoporosis.
Anti-inflammatory effect Polkortolona manifested in the application of 4 mg of triamcinolone.
Form release Polkortolona
Producing tablets, ointment and spray Polkortolon.
Polkortolon prescribed for primary or secondary adrenal insufficiency, subacute thyroiditis, congenital adrenal hyperplasia; with severe allergies, in cases where the disease has appeared resistant to other forms of treatment - it can be a serum sickness, seasonal or chronic allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis, hypersensitivity reactions to drugs; posttraumatic osteoarthritis, epicondylitis, ankylosing spondylitis, acute or subacute bursitis, psoriatic arthritis, acute tenosynovitis; connective tissue diseases: systemic sclerosis, relapsing polychondritis, giant cell granulomatous mezoarteriite, dermatomyositis, periarthritis nodosa, lupus erythematosus.
Polkortolon successfully used in hematological diseases: aplastic anemia, autoimmune hemolytic acquired or developed due to bone marrow hypoplasia, secondary thrombocytopenia, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, hemolysis; respiratory diseases: berylliosis, symptomatic sarcoidosis, Loeffler's syndrome, severe bronchial asthma, disseminated or fulminant pulmonary tuberculosis, aspiration pneumonia.
According to the instructions, you can assign Polkortolon as rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic myocarditis, polymyalgia rheumatica, acute rheumatic fever, Horton's disease, chronic active hepatitis, alcoholic hepatitis complicated by encephalopathy, hypercalcemia developed against cancer, as well as acute leukemia in children with lymphoma or leukemia in adults.
Effective Polkortolon in such skin diseases: pemphigus, exfoliative dermatitis, mycosis, psoriasis, pemphigus, severe seborrheic dermatitis, bullous dermatitis herpetiformis.
There is experience with Polkortolona in neurology - in tuberculous meningitis and exacerbate multiple sclerosis; in ophthalmology - with optic neuritis, anterior and posterior uveitis, sympathetic ophthalmia.
The Transplantation Polkortolon used to prevent and treat rejection of a transplanted tissue or organ.
Instructions Polkortolona: how to use
Inside Polkortolon taken once a day: after 14 years, children and adults 4-48 mg administered; children under 14 years - 100-500 mg / kg.
Take the pill Polkortolon recommended at one and the same time, if another method was omitted, and the time since the last reception was held for about a day, is already taking the next dose. In a double-take volume Polkortolon undesirable.
Ointment Polkortolon as an aerosol is used mainly in dermatology. Ointment applied at the onset of therapy, two or three times a day, gradually reduce the number of treatments to 1-2 times per day. Lasts therapy ointment Polkortolon 1-2 weeks. If the disease struck the skin, use the more than a week is not recommended.
When hyperkeratosis or severe lichenification (thickening of the skin sharply) under the ointment Polkortolon impose dense bandage once in 24-48 hours.
Aerosol Polkortolon applied to the skin from a distance of 15-20 cm, a medicine irrigate the skin for 1-3 seconds.
Adult patients supposed to handle the spray affected areas 2-4 times a day at regular intervals. Treatment lasts, on average, 5-10 days, in some cases, assign a longer therapy, but instructions Polkortolona longer than two months can not use the facility.
Babies Polkortolon spray can be applied only once a day, for small areas of the body. Treatment is shown briefly.
Polkortolon, like other corticosteroids can cause serious side effects from the various organs and systems:
- cardiovascular system: can begin bradycardia, arrhythmia, congestive heart failure, thrombosis, hypercoagulability, arterial hypertension. In patients with subacute or acute myocardial heart muscle can rupture - due to the expansion of necrosis and inhibiting the formation of scar tissue;
- endocrine system: secondary hypothalamic-pituitary or adrenal insufficiency, Cushing's syndrome, delayed sexual development, growth retardation, hirsutism, menstrual disorders;
- nervous system: euphoria, convulsions, headache, depression, sleep disorders, paranoia, hallucinations, disorientation, dizziness, nervousness, increased intracranial pressure;
- Musculoskeletal system: Polkortolon can cause osteoporosis, muscle weakness and atrophy, tendon rupture, slowing the process of ossification in children, steroid myopathy;
- digestive system: erosive esophagitis, nausea, steroid GI ulcers, indigestion, flatulence, vomiting, hiccups, pancreatitis, changes in appetite, increased liver enzymes;
- organs of vision: glaucoma, trophic changes of the cornea, the back subcapsular cataracts, increased intraocular pressure with possible damage to the nerve, exophthalmos, increased the likelihood of viral, fungal, bacterial infections of the eyes;
- Skin: petechiae, hematoma, steroid acne, thinning skin, slow wound healing, striae, ecchymosis;
- metabolic: glycosuria, sodium and fluid retention, weight gain, increased sweating, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, fatigue and weakness, loss of calcium.
Also during the treatment may occur Polkortolonom anaphylactic shock, there was an itch or a rash on the skin.
Described side effects usually develop with prolonged use Polkortolona.
Polkortolon of instruction is contraindicated in systemic fungal infections, hypersensitivity to the facility for children up to 3 years.
Aerosol and Polkortolon ointment should not be prescribed for glaucoma, precancerous skin conditions or the presence of a tumor on her skin reactions following the vaccination, hypersensitivity, children up to 3 years. Additionally, ointment, aerosol Polkortolon not be applied to broken skin.
During treatment Polkortolonom can not be immunized or vaccinated - triamcinolone negative impact on the effectiveness of immunological products.