Plavix - antiplatelet medicine.
Structure and Composition
The drug is released in the form of round, biconvex tablets coated pink film coated. 1 tablet contains the active component - clopidogrel hydrogen sulfate 97, 875 mg. Auxiliary components: hydrogenated castor oil, carnauba wax, triacetin, Opadry pink giproloza low-substituted, microcrystalline cellulose, mannitol, coloring agent red iron oxide, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000.
At 7, 10 or 14 tablets per pack.
Plavix analogs are the following drugs: Agregal, Zilt, clopidogrel hydrogen sulfate, Lopirel, Clopidogrel, Klopilet, Detromb, Plagril, Egitromb, warmed, Kardutol.
The drug is antiaggregant. Action on instructions Plavix results in suppression of platelet aggregation.
Use of the drug and analogs Plavix prevents the development of atherothrombosis in different localizations of atherosclerotic vascular lesions, including lesions in the peripheral, coronary or cerebral arteries.
In the opinion of Plavix with a daily intake of one tablet causes suppression of ADP-induitsirovannoy platelet aggregation from the first day that over the next 3-7 days of increases and then goes to a constant level. In equilibrium, the platelet aggregation is inhibited by about 40-60%. After the abolition of the use of Plavix bleeding time and platelet aggregation returned to baseline levels within five days.
According to the instructions Plavix is prescribed for the prevention of atherothrombotic events in patients with ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction or diagnosed with peripheral vascular occlusive disease.
The drug Plavix and analogues shown to prevent atherothrombotic events in patients with acute coronary syndrome in combination with vitamin C:
- segment elevation ST (acute myocardial infarction);
- segment elevation ST (myocardial infarction without Q-wave, or unstable angina).
Dosing and dosing regimen of Plavix
According to the instructions Plavix shown in adults and elderly patients. Drug inside, regardless of time of day and meals.
In ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction and peripheral arterial occlusive disease or prescribe the drug Plavix counterparts in dosage of 75 mg once a day.
In acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation, treatment is initiated with 300 mg per day and is continued after a dosage of 75 mg once daily in combination with vitamin C and thrombolytics.
According to the instructions Plavix is contraindicated in:
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding (lactation);
- under the age of eighteen years;
- with severe hepatic insufficiency;
- in case of hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- when a rare hereditary galactose intolerance, glucose malabsorption syndrome, galactose, lactase deficiency;
- when acute bleeding, such as intracranial hemorrhage, or bleeding from peptic ulcer.
With care prescribe Plavix for instructions:
- in renal failure;
- with moderate hepatic impairment with predisposition to bleeding;
- surgical interventions and traumas;
- in combination with NSAIDs, including selective COX-2 inhibitors;
- in combination with heparin, warfarin, inhibitors of glycoprotein IIb / IIIa;
- patients with genetically determined reduction function isoenzyme CYP2C19.
Side effects of Plavix
In the opinion of Plavix can cause the following side effects:
- Blood coagulation system: bleeding, especially in the first month of therapy with Plavix or analogues. There are several cases of fatal intracranial, retroperitoneal and gastrointestinal bleeding. There were reviews of PLAVIX the occurrence of eye, skin hemorrhages, musculoskeletal, nasal bleeding.
- Hematopoietic system: thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, granulocytopenia, severe thrombocytopenia.
- CNS: hallucinations, confusion.
- Respiratory system: interstitial pneumonitis, bronchospasm.
- Cardiovascular system: hypotension, vasculitis.
- Musculoskeletal system: arthritis, arthralgia, myalgia.
- Digestive system: colitis, change in taste, pancreatitis, elevated liver enzymes, acute renal failure, hepatitis, stomatitis.
- Urinary system: increase in serum creatinine concentration, glomerulonephritis.
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, angioneurotic edema, serum sickness, anaphylactoid reactions.
- Dermatological reactions: lichen planus, erythematous rash, bullous dermatitis, eczema.
In the opinion of Plavix can in rare cases cause fever.
Overdose Plavix Review causes prolonged bleeding and various complications associated with the development of bleeding.
Concomitant use of warfarin with Plavix is not recommended, as it causes an increase in the intensity of bleeding.
Precautions should combine the drug and analogues of Plavix with aspirin, heparin, as there is a risk of bleeding.
Precautions should be to combine the use of Plavix with naproxen and other NSAIDs because of increased risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Conditions and terms
Plavix belongs to the B list of drugs with expiry date no longer than three years. Keep it in a dark, dry place.