Pikovit - a comprehensive multivitamin preparations.
The composition and the form of Pikovita
Pikovit released in the form of biconvex tablets, film-coated green, yellow, orange and pink.
The composition Pikovita include vitamins A, D3, B1, B5, B6, B2, C, PP. B12 and folic acid and calcium hydrogenphosphate. Auxiliary components: sorbitol, orange flavoring, magnesium stearate, sucrose, dextrose, citric acid anhydrous, emulsifying wax, lactose monohydrate, povidone, castor oil, crude, polysorbate 80, defoamer, mineral oil, glycerol.
10 tablets in blister packs.
Pharmacological action Pikovita
The pharmacological action of the drug is to fill a trace elements and vitamins in the body. Due to included Pikovita vitamins and minerals, it improves the activity of the whole organism:
- Vitamin A promotes the synthesis of various substances (mucopolysaccharides, lipids, proteins) and is responsible for the normal condition of the skin, eyes and mucous membranes.
- Vitamin B1 is responsible for the normal functioning of the heart and nervous system.
- Vitamin B2 promotes the regeneration of tissues, including skin cells.
- Vitamin D3 maintains optimal balance of calcium and phosphorus in the body.
- Vitamin B6 supports the function and structure of bones, teeth and gums. Promotes the normal functioning of the nervous system, affects on erythropoiesis.
- Vitamin B12 contributes to the full functioning of the nervous system. Influences on erythropoiesis.
- Vitamin B5 is an integral component of coenzyme A, affects the processes of oxidation and acetylation. It stimulates the metabolic processes in the tissues.
- Vitamin C regulates metabolism in the connective tissue, is responsible for the regeneration of tissues and blood clotting for carbohydrate metabolism and is involved in the oxidation of a number of biologically active substances that contributes to the normalization of capillaries permeability, it stimulates the formation of steroid hormones. Because vitamin C increases the body's resistance to various infections, decrease inflammatory reactions.
- Phosphorus plays an important role in formation of bones and teeth, takes part in the processes of energy metabolism.
- Calcium is involved in the formation of bone tissue, neurotransmission, blood clotting, contraction of smooth and skeletal muscles.
According to the instructions Pikovit prescribed to prevent minerals and vitamins under the following conditions:
- The lack of vitamins due to a lack of appetite;
- Unbalanced and malnutrition;
- Fatigue in children of school age.
Also, peaks with the instructions indicated for the treatment of diseases involving antibiotics.
According to the instructions Pikovit contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug, as well as hypervitaminosis D and A.
In the opinion of Pikovit well tolerated by patients. Sometimes there are allergic reactions.
Interaction with Drug
As part Pikovita calcium is present, so it can delay the intestinal absorption of quinolones and derivatives of tetracyclines.
In the opinion of Pikovit increases the side effects of antimicrobials sulfanilamidovoy group.
Combining Pikovita reviews for physicians with diuretics group thiazides may cause hypercalcemia.
Dosing and dosing regimen
According to the instructions Pikovit tablet taken orally, holding in his mouth until completely dissolved. Typically, dosage is:
- Children from 4 to 6 years - 1 tablet 4-5 times a day;
- Children from 7 to 14 years - 1 tablet 5-7 times a day.
Duration - 3-4 weeks. In the absence of appetite course of taking the pills can last up to two months.
No reviews peak about overdose has been reported.
Storage and shelf life
The drug is stored in a cool, dry place for no longer than 36 months.