Paxil (international nonproprietary name - paroxetine) belongs to a very popular now Drugs group of antidepressants. The modern pace of life and an abundance of all kinds of stresses do antidepressants sometimes the only hope to remove accumulated tension and set aside their fears and phobias. Is it good to rely solely on this issue to medical component or not - is a topic for another conversation. Here you will learn about the drug Paxil, which is really effective against depressive states of different aetiology and genesis.
Paxil available in film-coated tablets, the hallmark of which is engraved in the form of a figure "20" on one side. One tablet contains 20 mg of paroxetine. The carton can be 1, 3 or 10 blisters of 10 tablets each, as well as instructions for Paxil (leaflet).
Paxil is made by two pharmaceutical companies: the French "Glaxo Wellcome Production" and the Romanian "Es.Si. Eurofarm. "
Analogs of Paxil
In the State Register of medicinal products, the following products containing paroxetine, and Paxil are analogues:
- Adepress (Russia);
- Paroxetine (Macedonia);
- Pliz (Croatia);
- Aktaparoksetin (Iceland);
- Sirestill (Italy);
- Apo-paroxetine (Canada);
- Pliz H (Israel);
- Reksetin (Hungary).
The most common of the analogs of Paxil can be found in pharmacies "gedeonrihterovsky" Reksetin.
Paxil - a powerful antidepressant mechanism of action is to inhibit reuptake of the brain neurons neurotransmitter serotonin, known as the "happiness hormone".
As the ratings of Paxil, it, unlike some other antidepressants (amitriptyline, clomipramine, imipramine), does not cause increased blood pressure and has no inhibitory effect on the central nervous system.
Another clinically important feature, according to a review of Paxil - is the lack of its effect on heart function, including heart rate and ECG.
In accordance with the instructions for Paxil and reviews about him this drug clinical pharmacologists shows the following pathological conditions:
- Depression, and virtually all types and degrees of severity. Another important thing, which explains a lot of positive feedback about Paxil psychiatrists - high efficiency of the drug against recurrence of depression, which considerably complicate treatment;
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder. Under these tricky term, taken from the pages of specialized literature on psychiatry and psychotherapy, lie neurotic conditions associated with any obsession obsession;
- Panic disorders including agoraphobia (fear of open spaces);
- Social phobia;
- Generalized anxiety disorder. It is a mental disorder does not have a specific object, circumstance or condition characterized by a persistent state of general anxiety and nervousness;
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Quick guide to the use of Paxil
Regardless of the disease Paxil is recommended for use once a day in the morning during breakfast.
When depression daily dose of Paxil is 20 mg. The doctor with the patient assesses the effectiveness of the treatment and in the absence of pronounced effect increases daily dose of 10 mg per week up to a maximum of 50 mg. Adjustment of treatment (when necessary) is carried out after 2-3 weeks of therapy.
In obsessive compulsive disorders Paxil take a dose of 40 mg per day, if necessary - 60 mg, but no more.
Panic disorder is also typically require 40 mg daily. The initial dose of 10 mg weekly increases with an eye on the effectiveness of the therapy. In this case, it is recommended to start with small doses, so as not to aggravate the symptoms of panic in the initial phase of therapy.
With social phobias, post-traumatic stress and generalized anxiety disorder are limited to 20 mg per day with a possible increase to 50 mg.
Reviews of Paxil and analysis of the results of drug trials provided the basis for inclusion in the instruction following contraindications for its reception:
- co-administration of certain drugs, including inhibitors of monoamine oxidase (Nialamide, selegiline) and thioridazine (Sonapaks);
- age under 18 years;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Upon receipt of Paxil, the following side effects:
- bruising of the skin and mucous membranes;
- violation of appetite;
- increased cholesterol levels in the blood;
- somnological disorders (insomnia and developed on this basis, sleepiness, nightmares), emotional arousal;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- dizziness, headaches;
- involuntary muscle contractions;
- blurred vision, mydriasis;
- acceleration of the heart rate;
- dyspeptic symptoms (nausea, diarrhea or constipation, sialoschesis);
- decreased libido;
- the emergence of excess weight.
Paxil is peculiar to the so-called withdrawal symptoms when stopping the drug is accompanied by a number of undesirable symptoms: dizziness, tinnitus, paresthesia, sleep disorders, rash, nausea, anxiety. However, it should be noted that the severity of this symptom does not exceed reasonable limits and eventually everything goes spontaneously. However, the lowering of the daily dose should produce Paxil smoothly without interrupting treatment dramatically.
Reviews of Paxil demonstrate its broad therapeutic range. In this regard, the risk of overdosing is minimal, but is not excluded. These states can be recognized by the appearance of most of the above symptoms, the list of which is complemented by differences in blood pressure, and fever. Sensitivity in Names Paxil antidote does not exist, so the relief is carried out by an overdose of a common algorithm.
Paxil is apt to cause suicidal thoughts, hostility and aggression upon hiring teenagers under 18 years old.
In rare cases, the beneficial effect of Paxil may do a disservice, especially if taken in combination with other agents that increase the concentration of serotonin in the interneuronal space. It is a serotonin syndrome, manifested by fever, excessive muscle tone and involuntary WinCE, irritability, severe emotional excitation up to a condition known as "delirium tremens".
During treatment Paxil should take special care to engage in potentially dangerous activities (driving, working on the production).
The drug Paxil as well as any drug belonging to the class of antidepressants sold strictly on prescription.
Instructions for Paxil storage
Paxil should be stored at a temperature no higher than 30 S˚ in place, it is absolutely impossible to gain access to this child psychotropic drugs. Shelf life Paxil is 3 years from the date of issue.