Parlazin (international nonproprietary name - cetirizine) - a drug used in the treatment of allergies. There is a not entirely harmonious saying better safe than nedobdet. The share of common sense in this, of course, there is, but not in relation to allergy: because this state is just the same, and due to the excessive reaction of the body is not an invasion of a foreign substance. Our immune system is over-insured, from which then have to suffer exactly to the moment when the first on the scene Parlazin.
Parlazin is available in two dosage forms:
- In tablets containing 10 mg of cetirizine. The packaging is put 1 or 3 blisters of 10 tablets with instructions to Parlazinu;
- The oral drops, bottled dark glass 20 ml. 1 ml of drops contain 1 mg of cetirizine. In the secondary packaging - cardboard box - with the bottle placed leaflet (Instructions for Parlazinu).
Produced Parlazin Hungarian pharmaceutical factory «EGIS Pharmaceuticals».
There is nothing surprising in the fact that the chemical cetirizine played in many brands. Given that allergy sufferers goes about 30% of the population, for Parlazina counterparts, as well as for it themselves, often a queue constantly sneezing and blowing his nose patients. But we will not weary the reader and proceed directly to the pharmacological substitutes Parlazina:
- Alerza (India);
- Allertek (Poland);
- Zintset (India);
- Zyrtec (Italy);
- Letizen S (Slovenia);
- Cetirizine hexane (Germany);
- Cetirizine Teva (Israel);
- Tsetrin (India).
In «EGIS Pharmaceuticals» there is such a drug as Parlazin Neo active substance which is the levorotatory isomer of cetirizine levocetirizine. So, the drug can also be easily written in the slender ranks Parlazina analogues.
That is associated with allergic inflammation, has long been an open secret. But the mechanism of its development is not known to everyone. The inflammatory process is developing under the guidance of special substances called inflammatory mediators, including histamine, it occupies a prominent place. Receptors for histamine thickly scattered in the tissues and organs of the human body. Parlazina role is to block these receptors, thereby to prevent histamine "raskochegarit" inflammation of the entire coil. The drug reduces the blood flow to the site of inflammation, reduces swelling, prevents the development of cutaneous manifestations of inflammation, relieves itching, lowers the tone of smooth muscles.
In a review of Parlazine celebrated early onset of its action: in 20 minutes, about half of patients feel a pronounced therapeutic effect, and an hour later - almost everyone.
Indications for use Parlazina
In accordance with the instruction to Parlazinu and reviews about it doctors immunologists this drug is indicated for the following diseases:
- Allergic rhinitis (runny nose) and conjunctivitis, which are both seasonal and casual character. Often, these two pathological conditions go hand in hand, making "nuclear mixture" symptoms, including shortness of nasal breathing, excessive separation of mucus from the nose and tear fluid of the eye, inflammation of the conjunctiva and unbearable itching;
- Hay fever, more commonly known as hay fever;
- Hives, including of unknown etiology;
- Allergic skin diseases including atopic dermatitis;
Brief guide to Parlazinu on application
Pills. For adults and children from 6 years recommended dosage is 10 mg or one tablet, taken at a time in the evening (adults) or divided into two stages - morning and evening (children). In some cases, it is sufficient and 5 mg, in order to develop a proper clinical effect. Children under 6 years of age should take only a drop Parlazina.
Drops. Here - the same picture: Adults and children 6 years of age should take a daily dose of 10 mg (20 drops), respectively, for 2 and 1 reception. As for younger children, it is for the little ones with allergies following recommended dose Parlazina:
- 6 months. up to 1 year - 2, 5 mg, or 5 drops of 1 times a day;
- from 1 year to 2 years - the same, but 1-2 times a day;
- from 2 to 6 years - 5 mg (10 drops) 1 times a day, or 2 and 5 mg (5 drops) twice a day.
Duration of treatment Parlazinom determined individually.
According to the reviews of Parlazine the drug is well tolerated, but for him there are a number of contraindications:
- idiosyncrasy of any component of the formulation;
- up to 6 years (only for tablets);
As for pregnancy, this condition can not be considered an absolute contraindication. In tests on our smaller brothers cetirizine (active ingredient Parlazina) has proven to be generally well: carcinogenic, teratogenic and mutagenic effects have been developed. Given the still lack of sufficient experience in the application Parlazina pregnant women, doctors recommend refuse to take during the 1st trimester of pregnancy, and in the next two trimesters to take the drug under strict medical supervision.
Reviews Parlazine and results of clinical trials in human volunteers have given the basis for inclusion in the instructions the following adverse reactions:
- sialoschesis (dry mouth) and dyspepsia;
- mild drowsiness, migraine headaches, a state of fatigue, and sometimes, on the contrary, a paradoxical activity;
- allergy to the drug (as they say 'for that fight ... ", but it does happen).
Special instructions for use Parlazina
Chronic renal failure and old age require particularly careful consideration in the determination of safe dose Parlazina due to the fact that in the context of its reception may be reduced glomerular filtration.
Patients with lactose intolerance should be aware that the pills contain Parlazina 11, 5 mg of the substance.
Another important point - the effect on psychomotor functions Parlazina. Research in this direction has been conducted, however, given the presence in the list of the side effects of drowsiness and fatigue, should be used with caution in this drug drivers or other persons engaged in potentially hazardous activities.
Often patients are concerned the relationship they have taken the drug with alcohol. Well, we can say that Parlazin effect of alcohol does not increase. However, doctors recommend to abstain from alcohol while taking this drug.
Parlazin can be purchased over the counter without a prescription.
Instructions for storage Parlazinu
Tablets and drops Parlazina can be stored at room temperature.
Shelf-life of the drug is quite long - 4 years - but if the vial with drops has opened, it is recommended to fully used within 1 month.