Panzinorm (international nonproprietary name - Multienzymes) - combined polyenzyme tool used to correct digestive processes. One of the main actors in the digestion of food eaten is the pancreas, which, unfortunately, does not always work like clockwork. In such cases, and it finds its application Panzinorm.
Panzinorm is available in two dosage forms:
- capsules to 7 pieces in one blister. Secondary packaging can contain 3, 8 or 12 of these blisters with instruction to panzinorm;
- tablets of 10 pieces in one blister. In the secondary carton may be 1 or 3 blisters with a leaflet (Instructions for panzinorm).
As mentioned above a bit, in the panzinorm includes several enzymes: lipase, amylase and protease. Enzymatic (or enzymatic) activity contained in a capsule or tablet enzymes are ranked according to such indicators as the unit of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ed. Heb. F.). So, in one capsule contains 10 000 units. Heb. F. lipase in one tablet - 20 000. Hence the differences in the trade names of these drugs: Panzinorm 10,000 and 20,000 Panzinorm forte.
Available Panzinorm Slovenian pharmaceutical company «KRKA».
Perhaps readers will be interested in that the pharmaceutical raw materials for the production of panzinorm used pancreases of pigs and cattle.
Analogs panzinorm, as well as the drug itself, that is, on hearing: these drugs are one of the most popular in pharmacies and often come in all sorts of charts best-selling medicines. Some names, no doubt, will be familiar to our readers:
- Creon (Germany);
- Mezim (Germany);
- Gastenorm (India);
- Ermital (Germany);
- Enzistal (India);
- Festal (India);
- Penzital (India);
- Mikrazim (Russia);
- Pangrol (Germany).
Enzymes contained in panzinorm are released from the capsule (tablet) in the small intestine, where they immediately start to take action. Between them as clearly itemized in the digestive process. Thus, lipase responsible for fat digestion, hydrolyzing them to glycerol and fatty acids, for optimum absorption. Amylase breaks down carbohydrates, and proteases - protein. This improves the digestibility of all kinds of food, means the act of absorption appears now completely different light because of improving the quality of digestion.
Reviews panzinorm contain information on the prevention of steatorrhea (excessive release of fat from the stool), relief of pain in chronic pancreatitis.
Indications for use panzinorm
In accordance with the instruction to panzinorm and reviews about it experts this drug is used for:
- Lack of secretory activity of the pancreas. This happens in such pathological conditions like chronic pancreatitis or cystic fibrosis. Dysfunction of the pancreas develops as a result of replacement of its glandular tissue connective tissue or scar;
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of directly participating in the process of digestion: the stomach, intestines, gallbladder, liver,
- Post-traumatic (including after surgery or radiation) condition of the digestive organs.
Brief guide to panzinorm on application
In the case of using panzinorm by indications to the fore the principle of individual selection of an effective dosage of the drug. General guidance can be guided only at the initial stage of treatment, when it is recommended to start with the lowest dose of 1-2 capsules (tablets) 3 times a day. Then, if necessary, can gradually increase the amount of the drug received.
Panzinorm taken with meals. If for some reason you could not drink the medicine, for its reception can arrange a small snack. The capsule (tablet) swallowed whole without chewing, and washed down with the sufficient amount of water.
Doctors are advised to take readings in minimal dosages Panzinorm, which is especially important for patients suffering from cystic fibrosis.
The children are well "work" even smaller dose than the above few paragraphs above.
Reviews panzinorm and screening results of clinical trials caused the inclusion in the instructions in the panzinorm following contraindications:
- hypersensitivity to porcine proteins or to any other component of the drug;
- Acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) or exacerbate chronic pancreatitis;
- Children up to age 15 years, with a history, burdened with cystic fibrosis.
With regard to women during pregnancy and nursing mothers, the reviews panzinorm and its application in relation to the target group of patients in the medical records are not recorded. The same applies to children. Using panzinorm in these categories of persons is only possible with the permission of the doctor.
When receiving panzinorm on the testimony is likely the following side effects:
- allergic reactions manifested rash, itching, and in some cases, bronchospasm;
- Gastrointestinal symptoms: Gastrointestinal pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, irritation of the skin near the anus, or mouth;
- in children with cystic fibrosis in patients receiving high doses may develop fibrous panzinorm (alternative name - fibrosing) colonopathy, it manifested narrowing of the lumen of the large intestine due to proliferation of fibrous structures in the intestinal mucosa.
Special instructions for use panzinorm
You need to know that while taking panzinorm and folic acid decreases the effectiveness of the latter due to the inhibition of its absorption.
Ability of panzinorm in certain circumstances hinder the absorption of iron.
Panzinorm not affect the sharpness of reaction and concentration.
Panzinorm 10,000 and 20,000 Panzinorm Fort implemented from pharmacies without a prescription.
In overdose panzinorm symptoms of intoxication of the organism do not develop. In such cases, you should immediately remove the drug, gastric lavage and spend symptomatic therapy.
Capsules and tablets panzinorm stable in the acidic environment of the stomach. Release of the enzymes is carried out in 12-duodenum. If the latter created an abnormally acidic environment, not characteristic of the GI, the release of enzymes may occur with delay. To reduce the total acidity advisable to appoint agents from the group of proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole, rabeprazole, lansoprazole), the reception of which will cost more than lower doses panzinorm.
Instructions for storage panzinorm
Storage panzinorm should be in normal conditions at a temperature no higher than 30 S˚. Shelf life is 3 years.