Pantogam - nootropics.
The composition and the form of Pantogam
Pantogam produce shaped spigot white tablets containing the active substance - calcium salt hopantenic acid 250 mg. Auxiliary components: calcium stearate, talc, magnesium hydroxycarbonate, methylcellulose.
10 pieces in blister packs.
Pantogam analogues are the following drugs: Gopantam, calcium salt hopantenic acid hopantenic acid, calcium gopantenat, Pantokaltsin.
Nootropic action of the drug and analogs Pantogam due to the presence in their structure of gamma-aminobutyric acid, which affects the GABAB-receptor-channel complex.
Application Pantogam enhances brain resistance to the effects of toxic substances and hypoxia stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, has anticonvulsant effect and reduces the excitability of the motor. In the opinion of Pantogam it has a mild stimulant and mild sedation. Increases physical and mental performance.
According to the instructions Pantogam prescribed in the following cases:
- schizophrenia, accompanied by organic cerebral insufficiency;
- cognitive impairment due to organic brain lesions (with the effects of traumatic brain injury and neuroinfections);
- neurotic disorders;
- extrapyramidal hyperkinesis caused by hereditary diseases of the nervous system (Parkinson's disease, Huntington's chorea, myoclonic epilepsy, hepatolenticular dystrophy);
- prevention and treatment of extrapyramidal syndrome (akinetic and hyperkinetic) due to receiving antipsychotics;
- cerebrovascular insufficiency due to atherosclerotic changes in cerebral vessels;
- reduced physical and mental performance, psycho-emotional overload;
- epilepsy accompanied slowing of mental processes (in combination with anticonvulsants);
- neurogenic bladder disorders (enuresis, urinary incontinence, urgency, pollakiuria).
According to the instructions Pantogam administered to children at:
- in mental retardation and developmental delay;
- perinatal encephalopathy;
- various forms of cerebral palsy;
- neurosis-like states (tics, stuttering);
- hyperkinetic disorders.
Recommended for children under three years to apply analogues Pantogam syrup.
Dosing and dosing regimen Pantogam
According to the instructions Pantogam administered orally half an hour after a meal.
Single dose for adults is 0, 25-1 grams daily - 1, 5-3 g
Single dose for children is 0, 25-0, 5 grams daily - 0, 75-3, the
Duration of therapy - from one to four months. Sometimes the treatment is extended up to six months. Three months later, you can spend a second course of therapy.
In epilepsy Pantogam administered according to the instructions in combination with anticonvulsants at a dosage of 0, 75-1 g per day. Duration of treatment may be more than one year.
When the effects of traumatic brain injury and neuroinfections appoint 0, 25 grams of the drug or analogue Pantogam three or four times a day.
When extrapyramidal hyperkinesis due to hereditary diseases of the nervous system the dosage instructions on the Pantogam is 0, 5-3 grams per day. Duration of treatment - 4 months or more.
When extrapyramidal neuroleptic syndrome take up to 3 g of the drug per day for several months.
When asthenic conditions and psycho-emotional stress appoint 0, 25 g three times a day.
When extrapyramidal syndrome as a result of receiving antipsychotic use Pantogam is:
- Children - 0, 25-0, 5 grams three or four times a day;
- adults - 0 5-1 g three times a day.
- Children - 0, 25-0, 5 g three to six times per day for one to four months;
- adults - 1, 5-3 g per day for one to five months.
In case of violation of urination:
- Children - 0, 25-0, 5 grams a day for one to three months;
- adults - 0 5-1 g two or three times a day for one to three months.
Children with different pathologies of the nervous system in the amount of drug administered 1-3 grams per day.
Since the use of Pantogam has nootropic action, its reception should be carried out in the morning and afternoon hours.
According to the instructions Pantogam contraindicated:
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- in acute severe kidney disease;
- in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
In the opinion of Pantogam can cause allergic reactions, such as:
- skin rashes;
Also according to the reviews Pantogam can cause tinnitus, increased sleepiness or sleep disturbance. Usually these symptoms are short-lived and do not require discontinuation.
Overdose pantogam Review causes increased side effects. In this case, you should stop taking the drug, gastric lavage, activated charcoal to accept and carry out the symptomatic treatment.
Ksidifon and enhance the effect of glycine Pantogam while their application.
The preparation and analogues Pantogam enhance the effect of anticonvulsants, prolong the action of barbiturates, and prevent adverse effects of neuroleptics, carbamazepine and phenobarbital.
In the opinion of Pantogam provided long-term treatment is recommended to combine with other nootropics, providing a stimulating effect on the central nervous system.
Conditions and terms
Pantogam Store in a cool dark place for no longer than 36 months.