Panavir - antiviral, immunomodulatory drugs of plant origin.
Panavir - extract shoots Solanum tuberosum, the main active ingredient of which is hexose glycoside consisting of rhamnose, glucose, xylose, mannose, galactose, arabinose and uranium acids.
Application Panavir has antiviral and immunomodulatory effects. Increases the body's resistance to infections, stimulates the induction of interferon gamma and alpha blood leukocytes.
In the opinion of Panavir well tolerated at therapeutic doses. It does not have the body allergenic, carcinogenic, embryotoxic, teratogenic and mutagenic.
It improves the function of the retina and optic nerve. It has antipyretic effect.
Structure and Composition
Panavir available in the following dosage forms:
- A solution for intravenous administration. 1 ml solution contains the active ingredient - polysaccharides shoots Solanum tuberosum 200 micrograms. Supporting components: water for injection, sodium chloride.
- Rectal suppositories. 1 suppository contains active component - polysaccharides shoots Solanum tuberosum 200 micrograms. Accessories: T-2 emulsifier, paraffin, solid fat or a confectionery.
- Vaginal suppositories. 1 suppository contains active component - polysaccharides shoots Solanum tuberosum 200 micrograms. Accessories: polyethylene 400, polyethylene 1500.
- Gel for local and external application. 100 g of gel contain the active ingredient - polysaccharides shoots Solanum tuberosum 200 micrograms. Auxiliary components: Lanthanum nitrate hexahydrate, macrogol 400, macrogol 4000, water, sodium hydroxide, glycerol.
Panavir structural analogues of the active substance has not. The attending physician may choose the following analogues Panavir mechanism of action: Arbidol, Detoksopirol, Jodantipyrin, Ferrovia.
Against herpes types 1 and 2, you can select the following analogues Panavir: Herpes simplex Kagocel, Proteflazid, Flavozid.
According to the instructions Panavir Panavir solution and rectal suppositories are prescribed for:
- secondary immunodeficiency states against the background of infections;
- herpesvirus infections, including ophthalmoherpes, herpes zoster, recurrent genital herpes;
- cytomegalovirus infection, including women with recurrent miscarriage.
Also Panavir solution administered as part of combination therapy with:
- tick-borne encephalitis;
- HPV infection;
- SARS and influenza;
- rheumatoid arthritis in combination with herpesvirus infection;
- gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer with non-healing ulcers.
Gel Panavir according to the instructions indicated for herpesvirus diseases of the mucous membranes and skin.
Panavir vaginal suppositories or analogs used in combination with other drugs with genital herpes in women.
Panavir apply contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug. In this case, the physician should choose the most appropriate mechanism of action analogue Panavir. Also Panavir all dosage forms is not indicated in children aged 12 years and during breastfeeding.
Application Panavir rectal and vaginal suppositories are contraindicated in pregnancy. In addition, vaginal suppositories are contraindicated for patients with severe diseases of the spleen and kidneys.
Application Panavir during pregnancy
According to the instructions Panavir administered during pregnancy only in the form of a gel or a solution for intravenous administration in cases where the intended use of his mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
In the opinion of Panavir well tolerated by patients. Gel Panavir Review may cause a transient reddening of the skin, itching.
There were few reviews about Panavir vaginal suppositories, which showed that allergic reactions.
Dosing and dosing regimen Panavir
Application Panavir solution for intravenous administration:
- For the treatment of tick-borne encephalitis and herpes infections according to the instructions Panavir used twice with an interval of 24 or 48 hours. If necessary, the treatment is repeated after one month.
- For the treatment of stomach ulcers and 12 duodenal ulcer do five intravenous injections every other day.
- For the treatment of human papillomavirus and cytomegalovirus infections during the first 3 weeks make injections with an interval of 48 hours during the second week - two injections with an interval of 72 hours.
- For the treatment of influenza and SARS are doing two intravenous injections with an interval of 18-24 hours.
- For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with a herpesvirus infection make 5 injections with an interval of 24-48 hours. The course of treatment, if necessary, repeated after two months.
- For the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis make 5 intravenous injections with an interval of 48 hours.
Gel Panavir of instructions for local and external use. It is applied to mucous membrane or skin with a thin layer of five times per day. The duration of therapy is from four to ten days.
Application Panavir rectal suppository:
- For the treatment of influenza and SARS are used 1 suppository every 24 hours for 5 days.
- For the treatment of cytomegalovirus infection and papillomavirus used triply 1 suppository every 48 hours during the first week of treatment and twice every 72 hours during the second week.
- For the treatment of tick-borne encephalitis and herpes infections use 1 suppository twice every 24 or 48 hours.
Vaginal suppositories used vaginally. Inserted deep into the vagina at bedtime. The course of treatment - 5 days.
No reviews Panavir regarding overdose has been reported. According to the results of clinical studies the drug has low toxicity.
In the opinion of Panavir solution when applying for pre-pregnancy reduces the incidence of miscarriages when herpes and cytomegalovirus infections.
In case the solution becomes cloudy is considered unsuitable for consumption.
Treatment gel or analogues Panavir recommended to start at the early stages of the disease. In this case, the maximum effect will be achieved by treatment.
Gel Panavir of instructions is not intended for use in ophthalmology. Avoid eye contact with him.
Conditions and terms
Panavir in any dosage form is stored in a cool, dry place for no longer than three years.