Panadol - a drug from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used to reduce fever, and as an analgesic central action.
The active ingredient is paracetamol Panadol. This drug blocks the formation of inflammatory mediators - prostaglandins, chemical compounds, to help raise the temperature of the body and there are some other signs of ill health. A characteristic feature of Panadol and other drugs is paratsetamolsoderzhaschih weak anti-inflammatory activity, as in contact with the fabric of paracetamol destroyed by cellular enzymes. Its main action (analgesic and antipyretic) is at the level of the central nervous system.
According to responses to Panadol by pharmacologists maximum drug concentration in the blood reaches after 0, 5 - 2 hours after administration. Destruction of paracetamol to intermediate products exchange occurs in the liver, and then excreted by the kidneys it.
Panadol does not disturb the balance of electrolytes, does not cause water retention in the body, it has no negative effects on the mucous membrane of the digestive tract.
Panadol is available in the following forms:
- Film-coated tablets for oral administration (capsules), 1 tablet contains 500 mg of paracetamol, 12p in a blister;
- Effervescent tablets for solution preparation Panadol Solyubl, each of which also contained 500 mg of active substance (paracetamol), 12p in the tube;
- Syrup for Children (suspension), 5 ml suspension contains 120mg paracetamol is available in 100-gram bottles with dispenser;
- Rectal suppositories for children. Available in two doses: 125mg of paracetamol in 1 suppository and 250 mg, 1 package 10pcs.
Each of these preparations containing paracetamol as active substance in combination with auxiliary components.
Application Panadol shown in the following situations:
- Fever is caused by a viral or bacterial infection (influenza, acute respiratory disease, SARS, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, etc.);
- Pain in muscles and joints, including ache during acute period of infectious diseases, rheumatic pain;
- Headache of any etiology, including migraine;
Panadol used in children at an early age with fever caused by teething.
Instructions for use Panadol
According to the instructions, Panadol tablets, coated tablets, you should swallow without chewing, with 200 ml of pure water. Effervescent tablets previously dissolved in the same amount of water, waiting for complete dissolution of the drug.
The recommended dosage for children under the age of 12 and adults is:
one-time fee - 500-1000mg (1-2 tablets), a maximum of 4000mg for the day, the daily dose is divided into 4 admission.
Following the instructions, Panadol for children appointed the following daily dosage:
- From 3 to 6 months - 250-350mg;
- From 6 months to a year - 500 mg;
- From 1 to 3 years - 750mg;
- From 3 to 6 years - 1000 mg;
- From 6 to 9 years - 1500mg;
- From 9 to 12 years - 2000mg.
Application Panadol the indicated doses must be broken into 3-4 reception between the two methods required time interval of at least 4 hours.
Adhering to the instructions Panadol can independently apply no more than 3 days, if not reduce the symptoms observed, for further treatment required medical consultation.
According to reviews, Panadol is well tolerated by both children and adults, and usually when it is received without departing from the instruction side effects arise. However, in clinical practice yet been marked following undesirable effects of using Panadol:
- From the digestive tract: indigestion, pain, localized in the epigastric region, increase in liver transaminases;
- From the side of blood: anemia, methemoglobinemia, tromotsitopeniya, agranulocytosis, rarely - pancytopenia;
- On the part of the immune system: allergic reactions of varying severity from urticaria to Lyell's syndrome (rare);
- From a metabolism: hypoglycemia, in severe cases, up to the development of hypoglycemic coma (especially when existing diabetes mellitus);
- Impaired renal function.
Prohibited the use of joint Panadol and alcohol. In the appointment of other drugs the physician must be made aware of the reception Panadol as possible adverse reaction with some of them. Thus, concomitant administration of other NSAIDs results in the risk of kidney cancer.
Panadol during pregnancy
There are no reviews for Panadol by experts confirming its negative effects on the fetus or any processes in the body of a pregnant woman. However, it is known that the drug crosses the placental barrier, and therefore the use of Panadol in pregnancy is undesirable. Experts tend to believe that because the issue of negative influence of the drug on the fetus has not been studied, Panadol prescribed during pregnancy only if the perceived risk is less than the aid that the drug may have.
According to the instructions, Panadol is contraindicated in the following situations:
- Hypersensitivity to paracetamol or any of NSAID;
- Hyperbilirubinemia and other disorders of the liver;
- Diseases of the blood and all the diseases associated with the deterioration of the blood picture;
- Children under the age of 3 months;
- Kidney disease, pregnancy, lactation - only on prescription.
The drug is stored in a dry place out of direct sunlight, at temperature not exceeding 25 ° C for 3 years. Keep away from the reach of children!