Palin - uroantiseptik, quinolone antibacterial agent.
The composition and the form of Palina
Palin comes in the form of capsules with green lid and body of white or white with a yellowish tint. The composition of one capsule includes:
- active ingredient - pipemidic acid trihydrate 235, 6 mg;
- Auxiliary components: corn starch, colloidal silica, magnesium stearate.
10 pieces in blister packs.
Palin has a bactericidal effect. It is active against gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus; Gram-negative bacteria: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Escherichia coli, Neisseria spp., Enterobacter spp., Proteus vulgaris, Proteus mirabilis.
Palin not active against anaerobic microorganisms.
According to the instructions Palin is prescribed for chronic and acute diseases of the urinary tract infectious and inflammatory nature, caused by susceptible to malaria infections:
Also according to the instructions shown Palin as a preventive measure in the instrumental interventions in gynecological and urological practice.
Dosing and dosing regimen Palina
According to the instructions Palin for ingestion. Taking the drug in a dosage of 200 mg twice a day - morning and evening before meals.
When staphylococcal infections Palin take three times a day with 200 mg every 8 hours. The average duration of treatment is 10 days. If you want to prolong the course of therapy.
When kidney disease therapy time is three to six weeks, the prostate - from six to eight weeks.
During the application Palina patient should copious fluid intake.
According to the instructions Palin forbidden to take when:
- violations of the liver and / or kidney problems;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- diseases of the central nervous system (neurological diseases, accompanied by a decrease seizure threshold);
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Do not appoint Palin in children and adolescents up to 14 years.
Palin administered with caution to patients who have a history of cerebrovascular accidents, seizures, epilepsy. In the appointment of instructions Palina elderly patients (over 70 years) there is an increased risk of side effects.
In the opinion of Palin calls the following side effects:
- Central nervous system and peripheral depression, headache, visual disturbances, agitation, hallucinations, confusion, sleep disorders, convulsions, tremor of limbs, sensory impairments. In the opinion of Palin rarely can cause large seizures.
- Digestive system: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, gastralgia. Very rarely, pseudomembranous colitis may be accompanied by severe diarrhea.
- Hematopoietic system: elderly patients with impaired renal function may develop thrombocytopenia. With a shortage of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase may be hemolytic anemia. There were some reviews about Palin from patients about the development of eosinophilia.
- Allergic reactions: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, touch rash, itching.
- Other side effects: superinfection, the development of resistance, photosensitivity.
There are no reviews about Palin overdose with severe consequences have been reported.
Palin Overdose can cause the following symptoms: headache, cramps, dizziness, tremor of limbs, confusion, nausea, vomiting.
In an application Palina with caffeine and theophylline metabolism is slowing down.
With the combination of the drug with antacids and sucralfate should observe an interval of at least 2-3 hours, as they cause a decrease in absorbability pipemidic acid.
In the opinion of Palin in combination with aminoglycosides is synergy bactericidal action.
Pipemidic acid enhances the effect of rifampicin, NSAIDs, warfarin and cimetidine.
During the application Palina should avoid activities requiring rapid reaction and attention.
Conditions and terms
Palin is stored in a cool, dry place for no longer than five years.