Oksikort - combined preparation for external use, comprising two pharmacologically active ingredients: an antibiotic, oxytetracycline and glucocorticosteroid is hydrocortisone. As you might guess, the name of the drug consists of a combination of root structures declared in its composition substances. Used Oksikort mainly bacterial skin infections, burdened allergic component.
Oksikort available in two dosage forms, both of which are used externally:
- Ointment 1 g which comprises 30 mg of oxytetracycline and 10 mg of hydrocortisone. The aluminum tube contains 10 g of ointment. Tuba in turn is placed in a cardboard box, which embeds Oksikort instruction to the patient;
- The aerosol spray can in a total volume of 55 ml containing 300 mg of oxytetracycline and 100 mg of hydrocortisone. The balloon has a secondary packaging in the form of a cardboard box with the enclosed instructions.
Both formulations Oksikort produced in Poland, but at different factories: the ointment - the pharmaceutical factory "Elfa" spray - on Tarhominskom Pharmaceutical Plant "Polfa".
Combination medicaments typically slightly analogues. Oksikort is no exception. If we talk about a complete analogy with absolutely identical composition with Oksikort of active substances, it can be called only one product - a Russian gioksizon. But some manufacturers have gioksizon. To avoid lawsuits for copyright protection, and in the interests of justice will now be given their full and exhaustive list:
- Pharmaceutical factory of St. Petersburg;
- JSC "Chemical-Pharmaceutical Plant" QUINACRINE ";
- JSC "Nizhpharm";
- JSC "Murom Instrument-Making Plant".
One can mention a few more drugs whose composition, as well as in the Oksikort include antibiotic and glucocorticosteroid:
- Akriderm (betamethasone + gentamicin);
- Flutsinar (fluocinolone neomycin +);
- Kortomitsetin (hydrocortisone + chloramphenicol).
Speaking of the pharmacological effects Oksikort, you must stop separately on each of its components. Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic, intended to affect the pathogens that trigger bacterial infections, with which he successfully and cope. Its action extends to Gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Clostridium, Listeria) and Gram-negative (Escherichia coli, Shigella, Salmonella, Neisseria), as well as Chlamydia, Mycoplasma and Rickettsia.
Hydrocortisone being glucocorticosteroid, anti-inflammatory (including, relieves inflammation accompanying swelling) and anti-allergic effect. It stabilizes cell membranes and prevents the release into the extracellular space of inflammatory mediators prevents leukocytes and lymphocytes penetrate into the area of inflammation. Against this background, the immune response against invading pathogenic microorganisms infektantov becomes less pronounced.
In a review of Oksikort no indication of a systemic effect of the drug on a background of therapeutic doses, that narrows the range of its possible side effects.
According to the instructions Oksikort and reviews about this medicinal product its reception is possible in infectious diseases of the skin caused by oxytetracycline sensitive micro-organisms (most often - staphylococcal and streptococcal infections), against which developed an allergic reaction:
- pyoderma, including one of its varieties - impetigo (pyoderma - pustular skin infections caused by staphylococci or streptococci);
- bullous dermatitis, neonatal (dermatitis, which is manifested in the formation of skin blisters with erythematous edging. Called the local intensity of the friction of the skin);
- exfoliative dermatitis infants (severe skin infection caused by staphylococcus. It occurs usually in debilitated newborns);
- with diaper rash of infection;
- folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicles staphylococcal);
- abrasions and carbunculosis;
- allergodermatoses (eczema, seborrhea, psoriasis);
- the first two degrees of burns;
- varicose ulcers in the leg;
- the effects of insect bites.
Regulations on the use of Oksikort
Oksikort according to the instructions, apply a thin layer on the skin surface 2-3 times a day (ointment) or irrigated spray for 1-3 seconds, 2-4 times a day. After using Oksikort allowed to impose on the affected area with a gauze bandage. Duration of treatment is usually 7-14 days. Children under 6 years of treatment should not exceed one week.
According to reviews on Oksikort compiled by experts in clinical and post-marketing trials, this drug should not be used if one of the following circumstances:
- idiosyncrasy of one of the components of the drug;
- viral (non-bacterial) infection of the skin;
- ringworm (a fungal skin lesions);
- the threat of skin cancer;
- Rosacea (this disease is also called "acne rosacea").
During pregnancy and lactation Oksikort can be applied only in limited areas of the skin, but it is better to abandon it. Children under 2 years drug is used with great caution.
The instructions to Oksikort is fairly narrow range of adverse reactions to the drug. This is due, including the fact that due to the local Oksikort application method does not provide a generalized effect on organ systems of the whole organism. Additional adverse reactions Oksikort include:
- itching and skin irritation;
- infecting microorganisms insensitive to oxytetracycline;
- acne (this effect Oksikort "shall" personally hydrocortisone).
According to reviews on Oksikort, drug overdoses almost recorded, observed only a few cases caused by prolonged use of the drug that resulted in systemic side effects due mainly hydrocortisone. After stopping treatment overdose symptoms go away by themselves.
As stated in a review of Oksikort, the drug has no effect on the ability to engage in activities that require high concentration (driving vehicles, working on moving machinery).
One of the main recommendations of the medical reception Oksikort is strict adherence to the duration of treatment. This is especially true in cases where the person affected skin.
Protect your eyes from contact with mucous membranes of the drug.
Taking into account the presence in the Oksikort hydrocortisone reduces the immune status of the body, during the course of treatment should not be vaccinated plan.
Oksikort sold in pharmacies upon presentation of a doctor's prescription.
Instructions for storage Oksikort
Oksikort should be stored at a temperature not exceeding 25? C. Shelf life is 2 years.