Oftan Dexamethasone - a synthetic fluorinated glucocorticoid drugs for topical use in ophthalmology.
The active substance Oftan Dexamethasone has a pronounced anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effect by regulating the expression of genes and kortikosteroidozavisimyh influencing protein synthesis. The duration of anti-inflammatory activity drops Oftan Dexamethasone is 4-8 hours.
Oftan dexamethasone inhibits the release instruction enzymes leukocyte migration, synthesis of kinins, and stabilizes membranes leukocyte lysosomal enzymes. In addition, Dexamethasone Oftan gives antigen recognition and inhibits the synthesis of antibodies, which contributes to suppression of the inflammatory response in tissues in response to chemical, mechanical or immune damage.
Oftan Dexamethasone produced in the form 0, 1% eye drops droppers, vials of 5 ml. 1 ml of solution contains 1 mg dexamethasone. Excipients - boric acid, benzalkonium chloride, disodium edetate, sodium tetraborate and the water for injection.
Indications Oftan Dexamethasone
According to the instructions Oftan Dexamethasone is used to treat acute and chronic inflammatory processes:
- Purulent forms of keratoconjunctivitis, conjunctivitis, keratitis and blepharitis;
- Iritis, iridocyclitis, and other uveitis of various origins;
- Sympathetic ophthalmia;
- Inflammation of the posterior segment of the eye - horioidita, chorioretinitis;
- Scleritis and episcleritis;
- Surface damage the cornea of various etiologies;
- Edema, inflammation, including therapy in the postoperative period.
Also Oftan Dexamethasone is shown:
- For the prevention and treatment of inflammation in the postoperative and posttraumatic period;
- For the treatment of allergic diseases of the eye, namely, allergic conjunctivitis and keratoconjunctivitis.
Oftan dexamethasone contraindicated instructions apply when:
- Keratitis, associated with varicella, herpes simplex and other viral diseases of the cornea and conjunctiva;
- Mycobacterial infections of the eye;
- Acute purulent eye diseases;
- Epitheliopathy cornea;
- Tuberculosis of the eye;
- Fungal diseases of the eye;
- Damage to the corneal epithelium, including the state after the removal of a foreign body of the cornea;
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Hypersensitivity to the Oftan dexamethasone.
Drops Oftan Dexamethasone is contraindicated for use in children and adolescents up to 18 years.
Dosing Oftan Dexamethasone
According to the testimony Oftan Dexamethasone in acute conditions apply every 1-2 hours on a few drops into the conjunctival sac. After reducing the inflammatory process can reduce the frequency of application of drops to 3-5 times per day.
Oftan dexamethasone instructions should not be used longer than 2-3 weeks in order to avoid the development of undesired side effects. In the treatment of more than two weeks is necessary to control intraocular pressure, corneal.
It is recommended to be careful with long-term concomitant use of dexamethasone Oftan yodoksuridinom because this combination of drugs can lead to increased destructive processes in the epithelium of the cornea.
Duration of therapy during pregnancy and lactation should not exceed 7-10 days.
If necessary, after consulting a doctor, the drug can be replaced by one of the counterparts Oftan Dexamethasone - Dexamethasone, Dexamethasone bufus, Dexamethasone-LENS, Maksideks, prednisolone, Prenatsid, deksapos, Deksoftan, Dexamethasone-Betalek.
When using Oftan Dexamethasone in some cases there may be violations of the organ of vision, which appear as a transient burning sensation and minor allergic reactions.
Long-term use of dexamethasone Oftan instructions may lead to steroid cataracts and secondary glaucoma, as well as clouding, ulceration, and perforation of the cornea thinning. It is extremely rare on the background therapy may develop spread herpes or bacterial infections.
Before applying Oftan Dexamethasone is recommended to remove soft contact lenses and install them after 15-25 minutes after the procedure, due to the fact that one of the components drops can be absorbed lenses and change their color.
Symptomatic therapy Oftan Dexamethasone can mask the current fungal or bacterial infections, so if any drop is recommended to combine with the necessary antimicrobial therapy.
Oftan Dexamethasone Review immediately after instillation may cause tearing, which should be considered when driving.
Oftan Dexamethasone belongs to the ophthalmic drug list B and released strictly on prescription. The manufacturer's recommended shelf life drops - 24 months. Do not use Oftan Dexamethasone more than a month after opening the bottle.