Nozepam - antianxiety drug (tranquilizer).
Structure and Composition
The drug is available in tablets of 10, 20 and 50 pieces per pack. One tablet contains active substance - 10 mg oxazepam.
Nozepam a tranquilizer belonging to the group of benzodiazepines. It has the body sedative and anxiolytic effects. It has a central muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant activity. Effect of the drug is the influence on the formation of activating net cord, thereby reducing the perception of impulses from sensory receptors in the limbic system and reduces the emotional coloring.
Nozepam of instruction prescribed for:
- sleep disorders;
- psychovegetative disorders;
- vegetative disorders in women, caused by disorders of the menstrual cycle or during menopause;
- premenstrual syndrome;
- reactive depression in combination with other drugs.
Dosing and dosing regimen Nozepama
According to the instructions Nozepam intended for ingestion.
The batch is individually, depending on the severity of symptoms, and the therapeutic effect. Dosage can vary from 10 to 120 mg per day. The duration of treatment is also determined individually. Nozepamom therapy should end gradually.
According to the instructions to Nozepamu contraindications are:
- acute intoxication of drugs;
- acute alcohol intoxication;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- myasthenia gravis;
- pregnancy (in particular, the first term);
- acute respiratory failure;
- severe COPD (degree of progressive respiratory failure);
- severe depression (the drug can cause suicidal tendencies);
- hypersensitivity to oxazepam;
- up to 6 years.
Be wary appoint Nozepam according to the instructions at:
- sleep apnea;
- spinal and cerebral ataxia;
- tendency to hypotension;
- propensity to abuse of psychotropic drugs;
- organic brain diseases;
- the elderly;
- kidney or liver failure.
Side effects Nozepama
In the opinion of Nozepam can cause the following side effects:
- Central and peripheral nervous system: fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness, ataxia, impaired concentration, poor motor coordination, lethargy, slowing of motor and mental reactions. In the opinion of Nozepam may rarely cause euphoria, tremors, depressed mood, headache, depression. Very rare cases paradoxical reactions (aggression, fear, suicidal tendency, hallucinations, irritability, insomnia, anxiety).
- Digestive system: vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, jaundice, liver dysfunction, anorexia, excessive salivation or dry mouth.
- Hemopoietic system: thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia.
- Reproductive system: dysmenorrhea, reduce or increase the libido.
- Urinary system: delay or incontinence, impaired kidney function.
- Allergy: itching skin rash.
- Effect on the fetus during pregnancy: CNS depression, suppression of sucking reflex in infants, respiratory failure, teratogenicity.
- Other: the emergence of dependence and addiction, lowering blood pressure. Rarely can appear blurred vision, depression of the respiratory center, tachycardia, weight loss, bulimia, anterograde amnesia.
The sharp decrease in dose or discontinuation of the drug, according to reviews of Nozepame, can cause withdrawal symptoms (anxiety, headache, agitation, irritability, anxiety, depression, sweating, perception disorders, sleep disturbance, anxiety, tachycardia, dysphoria, tremor, depersonalization).
Application Nozepama during pregnancy
Nozepam has toxic effects on the fetus and promotes the child's birth defects, especially when used in the first trimester. Use of the drug in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy can depress the central nervous system of the fetus. Constant reception Nozepama Review can cause the child and the development of addictive withdrawal.
Admission Nozepama just before birth or during labor may cause newborn decreased muscle tone, respiratory depression syndrome flaccid sucking, hypotonia.
In the opinion of Nozepam affect the ability to drive vehicles and other mechanisms. While receiving the drug should not drink alcoholic beverages.
Precautions should be prescribed according to the instructions Nozepam for a long period, as it is addictive. Furthermore, long-term therapy is necessary to monitor liver function and peripheral blood condition.