Norbaktin - a broad antimicrobial spectrum.
Structure and Composition
The drug is released in the form of white oval tablets, film-coated. Each tablet contains:
- active ingredient - norfloxacin 400mg;
- Auxiliary components: croscarmellose sodium, purified talc, colloidal silica, corn starch, sodium lauryl sulfate, magnesium stearate, MCC.
Norbaktina analogues are norfloxacin, Noroksin, Renor, Normaks, nolitsin, Lokson-400 Yutibid, Sofazin.
Application Norbaktina has a bactericidal effect. Norfloxacin is an antibacterial agent belonging to the group of fluoroquinolones. It affects the bacterial enzyme DNA gyrase supercoiling responsible for which, in turn, ensures the stability of the DNA of bacteria. Bacterial death is due to the destabilization of the DNA chain.
By Norbaktinu sensitive and analogs thereof: Legionella spp., Vibrio cholerae, Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Aeromonas plesiomonas, Haemophilus influenzae, Escherichia coli, Citrobacter spp., Yersinis enterocolitica, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Chlamydia spp. , Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Shigella spp., Neisseria meningitis, Campilobacter jejuni, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Salmonella spp., Hafnia, Proteus spp.
Insensitive to Norbaktinu and analogues: anaerobic bacteria, Nocardia asteroides, Ureaplasma urealyticum.
Reviews Norbaktine indicate that the duration of the therapeutic effect for at least 12 hours.
According to the instructions Norbaktin indicated for the treatment of diseases of infectious and inflammatory nature, caused by susceptible microorganisms, namely infection:
- gastrointestinal tract;
- urinary tract;
- uncomplicated gonococcal infection.
Also according to the instructions Norbaktin prescribed to prevent:
- diarrhea in travelers;
- sepsis in patients with neutropenia.
Dosing and dosing regimen Norbaktina
According to the instructions Norbaktin intended for ingestion. The drug is taken on an empty stomach one hour before meals or two hours after a meal.
In acute infections of the urinary tract dosage Norbaktina or an analogue thereof is one tablet twice a day for seven to ten days.
For the treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis take on half or one tablet of the drug twice a day for three to five days.
With infections of the genital organs Norbaktin prescribed according to the instructions at a dose of one or half a tablet twice a day for one week.
In chronic or recurrent recurrent urinary tract infections during the month take one tablet Norbaktina or analogue knocks twice. In the case of recurrence within three months take one tablet of the drug once a day.
In acute uncomplicated gonorrhea should take two tablets once Norbaktina.
To treat infections of the gastro-intestinal tract take one tablet Norbaktina twice daily for three to five days.
For the prevention of sepsis in neutropenic patients taking the drug at a dose of one tablet three times a day for two months.
For the prevention of diarrhea among travelers take one tablet once per day.
According to the instructions Norbaktin not be taken in the following cases:
- with renal or hepatic impairment;
- in violation of cerebral circulation;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- when cerebrovascular;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- in children younger than 18 years;
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active component of the drug, or other means from the group of fluoroquinolones.
Side effects Norbaktina
In the opinion of Norbaktin cause the following side effects:
- Urinary system: hypercreatininemia, albuminuria, dysuria, urethral bleeding, crystalluria, polyuria, glomerulonephritis.
- Digestive system: vomiting, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, diarrhea, abdominal pain, anorexia, elevation of liver transaminases. Long-term use of Norbaktina reviews can cause pseudomembranous enterocolitis.
- Cardiovascular system: arrhythmia, tachycardia, fainting, decreased blood pressure, vasculitis.
- Nervous system: insomnia, headache, hallucinations, dizziness.
- Hematopoietic system: decrease in hematocrit, eosinophilia, leukopenia.
- Allergic reactions: edema, urticaria, pruritus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
- Musculoskeletal system: tendon ruptures, tendonitis, arthralgia.
Judging by the reviews of Norbaktine, its use can cause side effects such as candidiasis.
It is undesirable to combine reception Norbaktina or its analogs and breastfeeding.
In the opinion of Norbaktin can cause reduced concentration while driving vehicles and other mechanisms.
During the application Norbaktina avoid direct sunlight.
Storage conditions and shelf life Norbaktina
Norbaktin should be stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures below 25 ° C. Shelf life is 36 months.