Nomigren - combined synthetic drug used for acute migraine attacks.
Nomigren has antispasmodic, protivomigrenoznoe and analgesic effect, due to its constituent active ingredients.
Ergotamine and caffeine have a tonic effect on the brain and peripheral vessels and propyphenazone kamilofin - analgesic and antispasmodic effect, mekloksamin - antihistamine, an anticholinergic, a mild sedative and antiemetic effect.
Nomigren produced in the form of round deep pink tablets, coated tablets, of 10 and 20 pieces in polypropylene tubes.
The composition of each tablet contains:
- 750 mg of ergotamine tartrate,
- 200 mg propyphenazone;
- 80 mg caffeine;
- Mekloksamina citrate 20 mg;
- 25 mg kamilofina chloride.
According to the instructions Nomigren used for:
- Acute migraine attacks;
- Migraine headaches of vascular origin.
Nomigren contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Organic diseases of the cardiovascular system, including paroxysmal tachycardia, acute myocardial infarction, ventricular arrhythmia, marked atherosclerosis, angina pectoris, hypertension frequent;
- Peripheral vascular occlusive disease;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia with urinary retention;
- Severe liver or renal insufficiency;
- Lactose intolerance and lactase deficiency.
Nomigren during pregnancy is not recommended because of the effect of stimulation of the uterus and during lactation, if necessary, of the drug is recommended to stop breast-feeding.
Also contraindicated Nomigren applied under the age of 15 years and in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
Nomigren of reviews should be used with caution in:
- Sleep disorders;
- Anxiety disorders manifest as agoraphobia and panic disorder;
- Migraines, which is accompanied by focal neurological disorders.
Instructions for use Nomigrena
For maximum effect Nomigren advised to take at the beginning of the attack. The initial dose is 1-2 tablets. If improvement does not occur within half an hour, the drug can be repeated.
Do not exceed the maximum daily dose - 4 tablets Nomigrena, also should not take more than 10 tablets a week.
The drug according to instructions Nomigren is not intended for prolonged use. After taking the drug for a week should take a break for 3-4 days.
In an application Nomigrena with other drugs should be aware that:
- Quinidine, amantadine and tricyclic antidepressants increase the effect of the drug;
- Nomigren enhances the effect of sedative drugs and ethanol;
- Nicotine adrenostimulyatorov alpha, beta-blockers increase the vasoconstrictor effect of the drug;
- Decongestants can lead to life-threatening hypertension.
The drug is not recommended as a preventive agent for migraine.
In the opinion of Nomigren well he tolerated. The main side effects caused while taking the drug, include:
- Sleep disorders;
- Weakness in the legs;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Nausea or vomiting;
- Transient tachycardia;
- Pain in the heart;
- Muscle aches;
- Reducing the ripple in the limbs.
Much less Nomigren Review causes diarrhea, peripheral edema and pruritus.
It will be appreciated that long-term use can develop tolerance to the drug.
In case of overdose there may be general weakness, nausea and vomiting, paresthesia, drowsiness, convulsions, tinnitus, stupor, pain and cyanosis of the lower extremities, increased or decreased blood pressure, tachycardia and anxiety.
Nomigren dispensed in pharmacies only upon doctor's prescription. The shelf life of the preparation - 2 years.