Neovir - immunostimulatory drug used in combination therapy for the treatment of various diseases.
The active substance has immunostimulating Neovir, protivohlamidiynoe and antiviral activity against DNA and RNA-virus genome.
By activating bone marrow stem cells, and macrophages, Neovir reduces the effect of tumor necrosis factor for HIV infection and herpes and activates natural killer cells in cancer.
In the opinion of Neovir has immunostimulatory effects, and increases the ability of white blood cells synthesize interferon in HIV infection.
Neovir produced in two dosage forms:
- As a greenish-yellow solution for intramuscular administration in 2 ml ampoules containing 250 mg of sodium oksodigidroakridinilatsetat at 5 ampules in outline packages;
- In the form of enteric Neovir tablets containing 125 mg sodium oksodigidroakridinilatsetat, in bottles of 12 or 24 tablets.
According to the instructions Neovir used only in combination therapy as an immunostimulant:
- In the treatment of HIV infection;
- If urethritis, epididymitis, prostatitis, cervicitis and salpingitis chlamydial infection;
- If lymphogranuloma venereum;
- For the prevention and treatment of influenza or other acute respiratory diseases;
- When radiation immunodeficiency;
- Candidiasis of the skin and mucous membranes;
- For the treatment of infections caused by the Herpes simplex virus and Varicella zoster;
- For the treatment of cytomegalovirus infection in immunodeficiency;
- In acute and chronic hepatitis B and C;
- When encephalitis and encephalomyelitis virus etiology;
- For the treatment of cancer;
- In multiple sclerosis.
According to the instructions Neovir contraindicated to apply at:
- Autoimmune diseases;
- Severe renal insufficiency;
- Hypersensitivity to the Neovir.
In old age, the drug is used with caution.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and children's age are contraindications to the use Neovir.
Instructions for use Neovir
A single dose of a solution for injections neovir is 250 mg. Treatment usually lasts 8-12 days, and the drug is administered not more than once in 48 hours. With long-term use of the drug interval between injections Neovir can range from 3 to 7 days.
When HIV drug is used concurrently with specific antiviral drugs. In this case, treatment of 10 injections of one ampule every 48 hours. Between courses needed a break of 2 months.
To reduce the pain of injections Neovir recommended in conjunction with medication 0, 25-0, 5% solution of novocaine.
A single dose of the tablets is 750 mg, Neovir, max - twice. The course of treatment is 5-7 single doses every 48 hours. Prolonged treatment recommended interval between doses tablets Neovir is from 3 to 7 days.
In the opinion of Neovir rarely causes side effects such as low grade heat and allergic reactions.
Neovir - prescription medication and is related to the list B. Shelf life - 3 years. When turbidity solution for injection to white it can not be used.