Nazoferon - immunomodulating and antiviral drug used for the treatment and prevention of various viral diseases.
Widely used in pediatrics and is approved for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Active substance Nazoferona has immunomodulatory, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory effect, due to the properties of recombinant human interferon alpha-2b. The drug triggers the synthesis of enzymes that have:
- Inhibition of viruses, including adenoviruses and influenza viruses;
- Oppression breeding virus-infected cells.
Because of these properties Nazoferon Review effectively protects the body against pathogens of various infectious diseases, including viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, and pathogenic fungi.
Nazoferon produced in two dosage forms - as nasal drops (with protective cap blue) and nasal spray Nazoferon (with a transparent protective cap) in 5 ml vials.
The clear, colorless solution contains at least 100,000 IU / mL interferon alpha-2b. Excipients - lysine hydrochloride, trometamol hydrochloride, disodium editat (Trilon B), trometamol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, hypromellose, potassium chloride and water for injection.
Children Nazoferonom called the drug in the form of drops, as the bottle is equipped with modern metering device allowing exactly dosed drug.
According to the instructions Nazoferon apply:
- To treat the flu, colds and other acute respiratory viral infections in all age groups, including infants, as well as frequent and prolonged diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- For the prevention of viral infections during colds, contact with flu patients, in the period of seasonal increase in morbidity, especially among high-risk contingent - teachers and health workers.
According to the instructions Nazoferon contraindicated if you are hypersensitive to apply a drop or spray components, as well as severe forms of allergic diseases in history.
Instructions for use Nazoferona
Nazoferon administered in each nostril, then it is recommended to massage the fingers nose wings a few minutes for a more uniform distribution of the drug in the nasal cavity.
Nazoferon instructions for use for the first five days of the appearance of symptoms of influenza or other acute respiratory viral infections.
The dosage and dosage form of the drug depends on the age:
- Children under one year, including infants, usually administered 1 drop of up to 5 times a day, the daily dose of 40 000 IU;
- Children 1-3 years may be used as drops or spray Nazoferon. A single dose when used 3-4 times a day is 2 drops or spray dose;
- Children 3-14 years - 4-5 times a day 2 drops of child Nazoferona or 2 doses of the spray;
- Adults are usually administered up to 6 times a day for 3 drops or spray dose Nazoferon.
For the use of the drug as a prevention of respiratory viral infections Nazoferon apply:
- When hypothermia or constant contact with the patient for 5-7 days take dosage corresponding age. If necessary, preventive courses may be repeated. If contact with the patients wore a single character, reviews Nazoferon enough to apply once;
- With the seasonal increase in incidence enough Nazoferon apply once in the morning according to the age dosage at intervals of 1-2 days.
Nazoferon recommended as a drug during pregnancy and lactation for the prevention of viral diseases.
In the opinion of Nazoferon well tolerated in all age categories, including infants, and use of the drug side effects usually do not occur.
Nazoferon can be combined with other drugs in the treatment of colds or influenza. Not recommended simultaneous application with nasal vasoconstrictor drugs, so as not to cause further drying of the nasal mucosa.
Cases of overdose children Nazoferonom or spray are not fixed.
Nazoferon - OTC drug. Shelf life of the closed bottle - 2 years, opened a bottle - up to 10 days.