Mildronat - a synthetic drug that improves power supply and metabolism of tissues.
The active substance Mildronate improves metabolism, helps to eliminate accumulated toxins from the cells, has a tonic effect and protects the cells from damage.
As a result of Mildronate increases load capacity and to recover quickly after them. Due to these properties, the drug is used to improve blood supply to the brain and the treatment of various disorders of the cardiovascular system as well as improve efficiency.
In heart failure, according to the instructions Mildronat increases myocardial contractility, reduces the frequency of angina attacks, while increasing exercise tolerance.
At ischemic cerebrovascular disorders Mildronat used to improve blood circulation in the ischemic focus that promotes redistribution of blood.
Also on the guest Mildronat effective in disorders of the nervous system during abstinence syndrome and disease fundus.
Mildronat produced in the form:
- Colorless, transparent solution, 1 ml contains 100 mg of active substance - meldonium. In 5 ml ampoules;
- White gelatine capsules containing the active substance in the form of a crystalline powder with low odor. 250 or 500 mg of active ingredient in the capsule 10 in the blister units.
Mildronat indicated for use in the treatment of:
- In ischemic heart disease, including myocardial infarction and angina, as well as heart failure and cardiomyopathy dyshormonal;
- Stroke and cerebrovascular insufficiency.
Mildronat also used for:
- Decreased performance;
- Retinopathy of various etiologies, including diabetic and hypertension;
- Hemophthalmus and retinal hemorrhages of different etiologies;
- Physical stress;
- Thrombosis of central retinal vein and its branches;
- Abstinence syndrome in alcoholism, in a complex with a particular therapy.
According to the instructions Mildronat contraindicated in children younger than 18 years, in case of hypersensitivity to the drug, as well as increased intracranial pressure, including intracranial tumors and disorders of the venous outflow.
Reliable studies on Mildronate use during pregnancy and lactation have not been conducted, whereby the drug is not recommended for use during these periods.
Mildronat used with caution, especially long-term, in diseases of the liver or kidneys.
Instructions for use Mildronate
The dose and method of administration Mildronate depend on the disease:
- When cardialgia, develops on the background dyshormonal dystrophy infarction Mildronat take twice a day for 12 days of 250 mg;
- In cardiovascular diseases Mildronat shown in the complex treatment, up to 2 times per day for 0, 5-1, the treatment is usually carried out by a month to 6 weeks;
- In chronic cerebrovascular disorders Mildronate take 1-2 tablets (500 mg) per day rate of 4 to 6 weeks. According to indications, treatment can take place several times a year;
- In the acute phase in the cerebral circulation at Mildronat instruction is administered intravenously over 10 days at 500 mg once a day. Then you can go on taking pills Mildronat at 0, 5-1 grams per day. The total course of treatment is generally up to 6 weeks;
- With increased mental or physical exertion take 1 tablet Mildronate 250 mg, 4 times a day
for two weeks. Repeated course you can go no earlier than 2 weeks.
Athletes recommended Mildronat before exercise twice a day for 0, 5-1 In the preparatory period the drug - about two to three weeks during the competition - 2 weeks.
When violations caused by chronic alcoholism, usually take 4 times a day 1 tablet Mildronate (500 mg) for 10 days.
Mildronat indicated for use in the morning because of the possibility of exciting effect.
In the opinion of Mildronat - low emission drug and does not cause dangerous health side effects. Very rarely there may be:
- Changes in blood pressure;
- Dyspeptic symptoms;
- Psychomotor agitation.
Also Mildronat Review can cause allergic reactions such as swelling, rash, redness, or itching.
Care should be taken while applying some antianginal and antihypertensive drugs and cardiac glycosides as Mildronat reinforces their action.
In an application with Mildronate antihypertensives, nifedipine, nitroglycerin, peripheral vasodilators and alpha-blockers may develop mild tachycardia and hypotension.
Mildronat can be taken with anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents, and diuretics, and antiarrhythmics.
Mildronat prescription. Shelf life of the solution for injection and tablets - 4 years.