Metrogil - synthetic antiprotozoal and antimicrobial broad-spectrum.
Metrogil has antiprotozoal and antimicrobial action in respect of:
- Entamoeba histolytica;
- Peptostreptococcus spp .;
- Fusobacterium spp .;
- Bacteroides spp .;
- Clostridium spp .;
- Trichomonas vaginalis;
- Eubacterium spp .;
- Mobiluncus spp .;
- Prevotella spp .;
- Giardia intestinalis;
- Peptococcus spp .;
- Bacteroides fragilis.
When applied topically Metrogil has anti-acne and anti-oxidant effect.
Dent Metrogil being combined preparation is also effective against Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia spp., Treponema spp., Trichomonas spp., Bacteroides fragilis, Ureaplasma spp ..
Metrogil produced in the form:
- Uniform colorless gel Metrogil for outdoor use. 1 g of gel contains 10 mg of active ingredient metronidazole. In aluminum tubes of 30 g;
- Round biconvex tablets, film-coated. Each tablet contains 200 mg (pink color) and 400 mg (orange) of the active substance. 10 pieces in a blister;
- Uniform colorless vaginal gel Metrogil. 1 g of gel contains 10 mg of active substance. In the aluminum tubes to 30 grams complete with applicator;
- White soft dental gel Metrogil Dent. 1 g of gel contains 10 mg metronidazole 500 mg of chlorhexidine gluconate. In aluminum tubes of 10 and 20 g in plastic tubes of 5 g
The gel used in Metrogil:
- Pink acne, including poststeroidnye;
- Hemorrhoids and anal fissures;
- Trophic ulcers of the lower extremities and diabetes mellitus and varicose veins;
- Vulgar acne;
- Poorly healing wounds;
- Oily seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis.
Metrogil Dent used in infectious and inflammatory diseases periodontal and oral mucosa:
- Acute and chronic periodontitis;
- Periodontal disease, gingivitis complicated;
- Post-extraction alveolitis;
- Acute and chronic gingivitis;
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes of the mouth when wearing dentures;
- Juvenile periodontitis;
- Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis Vincent;
- Periodontitis, periodontal abscess in a combination therapy.
Tablets Metrogil according to the instructions is used for:
- Gas gangrene;
- Protozoal infections - trichomoniasis, balantidiasis, amebiasis, giardiasis, trichomonas vaginitis and urethritis, amoebic dysentery;
- Anaerobic infections caused fuzobakterii, bac.fragilis and other bacteroids, clostridia, eubacteria and anaerobic cocci;
- After surgery, abdominal and urinary tract;
- Respiratory tract infections - lung abscess or necrotizing pneumonia;
- Meningitis and brain abscess;
Vaginal gel Metrogil used for:
- Bacterial vaginosis of different etiologies;
- Urogenital trichomoniasis.
Metrogil of instruction is contraindicated in:
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system, including epilepsy;
- Hypersensitivity to the metrogil.
Not recommended Metrogil in the first trimester of pregnancy, in children under 12 years (Metrogil Dent - up to 6 years), as well as during lactation.
Instructions for use metrogil
Metrogil gel used externally by applying it refined to the affected skin twice a day. Treatment is carried out for 3-9 weeks.
Metrogil Dent used only in dentistry. Children older than 6 years and adults gel applied up to two times a day. After the application it is not recommended to wash and eat for half an hour. The normal duration of the course - 10 days.
When periodontitis after removal of dental plaque periodontal pockets treated Metrogilom Dent and produce gel application to the area of the gums by an average of half an hour. Repeat treatment depending on the severity of the disease.
For the prevention of exacerbations of chronic periodontitis and gingivitis Metrogil Dent also applied to the area of the gums twice a day. Prevention can be done up to three times a year.
Metrogil Dent at aphthous stomatitis apply to the affected area of the oral mucosa for 10 days twice a day.
Tablets Metrogil used after meals. Typically, dosage is for children older than 15 years and adults - twice a day for 200-400 mg.
The course of treatment depends on infection:
- If trichomoniasis Metrogil prescribed three times a day 200 mg three times during the week in conjunction with the use of a vaginal gel Metrogil. The course can be repeated, if necessary, in a month;
- When amebiasis adults appoint Metrogil 400 mg three times a day for children the daily dose is 30-40 mg per 1 kg of body weight, the dose can be divided into three stages. Duration of treatment - from a week to 10 days.
- Under anaerobic bacterial infections Metrogil on instructions used 2-3 times daily 200-400 mg, up to 10 days;
- In amoebic liver abscess adults appoint 400 mg or 800 mg three times a day in conjunction with antibiotics, usually tetracycline. The course of treatment - from 5 to 10 days;
- Before operations on the pelvic organs and the colon for the prevention of anaerobic infections Metrogil instructions designate single 1000 mg, then - three times a day 200 mg.
Vaginal gel Metrogil used in the amount of the total of the applicator, which is 5 grams of the drug twice a day for 5 days.
In the opinion of Metrogil when applied topically as a gel for external use very rarely causes skin rash or hives, and burning of the skin and peeling.
When using Metrogil Dent possible hives, skin rash, and headache.
When applied in the form of tablets Metrogil may arise:
- Lack of appetite, dry mouth, constipation, nausea, glossitis, vomiting, diarrhea, cholestatic jaundice, hepatitis, stomatitis, pancreatitis;
- Confusion, insomnia, headache, or dizziness. Much less on responses Metrogil cause hyperexcitability, or depression, epilepsy, weakness, ataxia, and hallucinations;
- Burning sensation in the urethra, candidiasis, dysuria, red-brown color of urine, polyuria and urinary incontinence;
- Stuffy nose, skin rash, skin redness, itching, fever, rash, arthralgia, anaphylactic shock.
- Leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, manifested by reviews of Metrogile infrequently.
Gel Metrogil released without medical prescription pills - by doctor's prescription.
The shelf life of the gel for external use and Metrogil Dent - 3 years, a vaginal gel - 2 years.