Medakson (international nonproprietary name - ceftriaxone) belongs to a third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. Used only for injecting.
Medakson available as a powder for solution for parenteral (intravenous or intramuscular) administration, placed in a glass vial. The contents of one vial ceftriaxone - 0, 25 g, 0, 5 g or 1 g. In the secondary packaging can be 1, 10, 50 or 100 bottles (the latter two options package - more for hospitals). The solvent can not be embedded in the package and must be purchased separately. For intramuscular injection as a solvent acts as a 1% solution of lidocaine, intravenous - sterile distilled water.
Available Medakson Cypriot pharmaceutical company "Medokemi."
Dating back to the third generation cephalosporins, ceftriaxone is considered today a progressive antibacterial agent to which pathogens are not yet fully able to pick up the "key" in the form of the formation of antibiotic resistance. This explains the popularity of antibiotics, ceftriaxone containing, among pharmaceutical manufacturers:
- Azaran (Serbia);
- Rocephin (Switzerland);
- Ceftriaxone (under this name drug is available in India, Switzerland, and Russia);
- Torotsef, Ifitsef, axons Cefaxone, Oframaks (India);
- Hyson (Korea);
- Ceftriaxone-Darnitsa, Tseftraskon-ILC (Ukraine);
- Biotrakson (Russia);
- Tsefson (Turkey);
- Ceftriaxone Kabi (Germany);
- Betasporina (Portugal).
Medakson has a bactericidal action, i.e. it destroys the pathogens. The drug inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall. Its significant advantage - resistance to protective enzymes secreted by bacteria (penicillinase cephalosporinase etc.). Due to this property, Medakson acts on the lion's share of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including pathogenic strains of Staphylococcus (except methicillin-resistant) and streptococcus, E. coli and Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella, moraksella, Neisser, Proteus, Salmonella, treponema, etc.
According to the reviews of Medaksone, many listed microorganisms have developed resistance to penicillins, aminoglycosides and cephalosporins of previous generations, are susceptible to ceftriaxone (read: to Medaksonu).
According to the instructions Medaksonu reviews about it and the drug successfully treat the following bacterial infections:
- infections of the digestive tract;
- infection bone connective tissue, including articular;
- skin infections;
- infections of the kidneys and urinary tract;
- respiratory tract infections (including pneumonia);
- ear infections / throat / nose.
Judging by the reviews of Medaksone doctors, the drug worked well when used in patients with a reduced immune status.
Regulations on the use of Medaksonu
In accordance with the instructions Medakson applied as follows:
- for adults and adolescents over 12 years is considered to be a standard daily dose of 1-2 g with the possibility (if necessary) to increase the dose of 4 g;
- for children under 12 years of age and infants dose is calculated according to weight, from 20 to 75 mg per 1 kg of body weight;
- for infants threshold daily dose is limited to 50 mg per 1 kg.
The drug is used 1 time per day. The duration of treatment varies depending on the type and nature of the disease (see. The instructions in Medaksonu). Thus, meningitis caused by bacterial invasion of the treatment can range from 4 ex days up to 2 weeks, depending on the type of infectious agent. To treat gonorrhea is enough single injection.
Medakson can be administered intramuscularly, intravenously and in the form of intravenous infusion (a drip). In intramuscular injection is recommended to alternate buttocks deeply and that at the injection site has not developed an abscess. Intravenous administration of the drug should be made slowly for 2-4 minutes. Infusion is done for an hour.
Based on data from clinical studies and reviews of Medaksone, its reception is contraindicated in the following cases:
- increased reactivity to receive cephalosporin and penicillin;
- first trimester (before the 13th week) of pregnancy.
Under strict medical supervision can receive Medaksona women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy and breast-feeding premature infants, persons with impaired liver and kidney, ulcerative inflammation of the large and small intestines.
As with any antibiotic, Medakson has its side effects:
- allergic manifestations of the most often cited itching, rashes (including urticaria), sometimes against fever;
- common to all antibiotics with digestive tract problems: flatulence, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, abdominal pain, taste disturbances, inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth (stomatitis) and language (GLOSS);
- may change the blood picture: decrease in the number of white blood cells, granulocytes, neutrophils, lymphocytes, thrombocytes (platelets available in respect of the reverse reaction), hemolytic anemia;
- of the other possible side effects candidiasis (because of the broken microflora), headaches, nosebleeds.
If Medakson planned to use the elderly, it is recommended to use in conjunction with menadione (vitamin K).
Medaksona solution can be used within 6 hours of its preparation, subject to storage at room temperature.
In the period of treatment is necessary to completely eliminate the use of alcohol (there are reviews of Medaksone indicating the occurrence of vomiting, dyspnea, tachycardia, stomach spasms provoked by the simultaneous reception of drugs and alcohol consumption).
The drug is released from pharmacies only by prescription.
Instructions for storage Medaksonu
The optimum storage temperature Medaksona - 15-25 ° C. The drug should not be stored at high (above 80%) humidity. Medakson usable life for 2 years from the date of its release.