Maksigan (Maxigan) is classified as narcotic drugs, anesthetic action. It is a combination drug that has analgesic effect and helps relieve spasms. Used for treatment of alcohol dependence.
International name of the drug - "Metamizole + + pitofenone Fenpiveriniya bromide» (Metamizole sodium + Pitofenone + Fenpiverinium bromide).
Pharmacological action maksigan
Maksigan is the drug of the combined type. Acting on the body, it acts as an analgesic, relieves spasms.
A combination of several active ingredients provides mutual enhancement of the pharmacological properties of each.
Metamizole sodium, being a pyrazolone derivative, has analgesic effect, reduces fever.
Pitofenone hydrochloride reduces the tone of smooth muscles and vasodilatation. Its effect on the body is similar to the effect of the drug papaverine.
Fenpiveriniya bromide blocks m-cholinergic receptors. It provides additional impact on reducing the tone of smooth muscles and vasodilatation (has myotropic action).
Release form of the drug
The drug is available:
- in the form of a solution for intramuscular or intravenous injection;
- in the form of tablets maksigan.
Following instructions maksigan appoint:
- at low or moderate forms of pain that occurs due to spasm of smooth muscles of internal organs (renal colic, spasms of the ureter, bladder, bile and intestinal colic, biliary dyskinesia, postcholecystectomical syndrome, chronic colitis; algomenorrhea, diseases of the pelvic organs);
- to eliminate the headaches caused by vascular spasm;
- while arthralgia, myalgia, neuralgia, sciatica (used for short-term treatment);
- as an adjuvant to enhance the effect of therapy is used to eliminate pain in the postoperative period after surgery, as well as the procedures required to diagnose the disease;
- to eliminate manifestations of pain in alcohol withdrawal and in hangover periods;
- as a part of therapy aimed at removing from the binge.
The instructions maksigan highlighted a number of factors that do not allow prescribed to patients, among them:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- depression of bone marrow function krovetvoritelnoy;
- renal failure and / or liver pronounced form;
- deficiency in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- severe angina pectoris;
- decompensated chronic heart failure (congestive heart failure);
- closure glaucoma type;
- prostatic hyperplasia, characterized by clinical manifestations;
- bowel obstruction;
- pregnancy (especially during the first trimester and the last 6 weeks before delivery);
- lactation period.
Intravenous administration of the drug is contraindicated for infants under the age of 3 months of age, or having a body weight not exceeding 5 kg.
The tablets should not be prescribed maksigan children under 5 years of age.
Special care is recommended to appoint reception maksigan with kidney failure / liver, asthma, "aspirin" triad, a tendency to arterial hypotension, increased individual sensitivity observed when taking drugs peers.
Instructions maksigan: methods and dosage
Tablets maksigan take one or two pieces of 4 times per day.
The dose of the solution administered intravenously or intramuscularly, calculated in accordance with the instructions for Maksiganu. To determine taking into account the nature of the disease, its severity, individual features of the patient, age and body weight (for children).
Admission maksigan can cause:
- allergic reactions (expressed itching skin, rashes, asthma attacks);
- In rare cases, after prolonged ingestion or after ingestion dose is too large it can be observed: disturbances in the kidneys, oliguria, anuria, interstitial nephritis, urine discoloration (turns red);
- disruption of hematopoiesis (including agranulocytosis, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia);
- lowering blood pressure.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous reception maksigan with other drugs, analgesics, having non-narcotic effect, able to mutually reinforce toxicity. Simultaneous treatment with barbiturates and phenylbutazone reduces the analgesic effect of maksigan.
Simultaneous treatment with tricyclic antidepressants, oral contraceptives, as well as allopurina leads to increased toxicity.
The solution maksigan pharmaceutically incompatible with other drugs in the same syringe.
Overdose symptoms include vomiting, dry mouth, changes in sweating (reduction of sweat), drowsiness, muddled consciousness, disturbance of the functioning of the kidneys and liver, a manifestation of the convulsive symptoms.
To eliminate them, use the symptomatic therapy, washed stomach reception activated carbon is prescribed.
Storage and sale
Maksigan Tablets are sold in pharmacies without a prescription, the drug is released in the form of a solution only by prescription.
Keep maksigan should be in a dark, dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. His term of life - 3 years.