Lyudiomil - antidepressant used in the treatment of various types of depression.
Lyudiomila active substance has an effect similar to the effect of tricyclic antidepressants. The drug, according to reviews, rapidly improves mood and eliminates agitation, anxiety and psychomotor retardation. In cases of masked depression Lyudiomil according to the instructions it has a beneficial effect on the somatic manifestations of the disease.
Lyudiomil produced in the form:
- Tablets containing 10, 25 and 50 mg of maprotiline hydrochloride in blisters of 10 pieces;
- Concentrate for solution for infusion in 5 ml ampoules containing 25 mg of maprotiline methanesulfonate.
According to the instructions Lyudiomil used to treat various types of depression:
Lyudiomil also indicated for use in the treatment of other depressive mood disorders, which are characterized by anxiety and irritability, apathy and psychosomatic complaints or somatic depression or anxiety.
According to the instructions Lyudiomil contraindicated to apply at:
- Diseases that are accompanied by convulsive syndrome or reduced seizure threshold, including alcoholism and brain damage of any etiology;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Delay in the flow of urine;
- Severe disorders of the kidneys and liver;
- The acute phase of myocardial infarction and intracardiac conduction disorders;
- Acute poisoning hypnotics, alcohol or psychotropic drugs;
- Hypersensitivity to the Lyudiomila or other tricyclic antidepressants.
Except for the strict indications Lyudiomil not indicated during pregnancy. In the case of the drug during this period should be canceled no later than 7 weeks before the birth. During the period of lactation receiving Lyudiomila contraindicated. It is also contraindicated for use of the drug simultaneously with MAO inhibitors.
In the treatment of depression daily dose depends on the severity of the disease:
- In moderate to moderate - Lyudiomila 75 mg once or divided into 3 doses;
- In severe depression dose is gradually increased from 75 to 150 mg depending upon the refuse effect and tolerability.
Take more than 3 tablets of 50 mg per day Lyudiomila not recommended.
Typically, during the first two weeks of treatment Lyudiomil used as an intravenous infusion at a daily dose of 25-100 mg. To prepare the solution Lyudiomila concentrate is diluted with isotonic sodium chloride or glucose. Infusion Duration - 1, 5-3 hours depending on the volume of the drug administered. After the appearance of the positive dynamics is recommended to switch to the use of Lyudiomila inside.
In other depressive mood disorders for adolescents and children recommended starting dose is 25 mg once a day, or three times a day, 10 mg but not more than 75 mg per day Lyudiomila. At the same dosage is usually prescribed drug in the elderly.
Most often, an overdose Lyudiomilom Review observed neurological disorders and disorders of the heart activity, which develop within 4 hours after taking high doses of the drug:
- Respiratory depression;
- Muscle rigidity;
- Anxiety or agitation;
- Cardiac arrest;
- heart failure;
- Increased reflexes.
Because of the slow absorption of the active substance a threat to life is saved up to 6 days. Regardless of the size of the dose in children receiving occasional Lyudiomila can lead to serious consequences, including death.
Lyudiomil of instruction should not take at the same time:
- Since antihypertensive drugs guanethidine, betanidinom, reserpine, clonidine and alfametildopom, because the action of these funds is weakened;
- With phenothiazines, antiparkinsonian drugs atropine, and antihistamines biperidenom effect that the drug potentiates the action of these drugs on the pupil of the eye, gut, central nervous system and the bladder;
- With thioridazine, which often leads to severe arrhythmias;
- With sulfonylureas or insulin, as Lyudiomil may potentiate their hypoglycemic effect;
- With fluoxetine or fluvoxamine, which may lead to significant side effects;
- With benzodiazepines, so as not to cause increased sedation drugs.
After discontinuation of MAO inhibitors Lyudiomilom begin therapy should not be sooner than two weeks to avoid the development of severe side effects in the form of tremors, hyperpyrexia and generalized clonic seizures.
Side effects Lyudiomila
In the opinion of Lyudiomil cause side effects similar to those that cause other tricyclic antidepressants. The most common undesirable effects are drowsiness, dry mouth, fatigue, headache, mild dizziness, myoclonus, fine tremor.
Several less Lyudiomil Review is:
- Nightmares, anxiety, increased appetite, sedation during the daytime, a sense of tension, anxiety, increased depression, mania, insomnia, aggressiveness, impaired memory, insomnia;
- Nausea, abdominal discomfort, vomiting;
- Dysarthria, dizziness, muscle weakness;
- Sinus tachycardia, palpitations, orthostatic hypotension;
- Constipation, blurred vision, sweating, flushing, accommodation disturbances and micturition;
- Allergic skin reactions accompanied by fever, photosensitivity.
Activation of psychotic symptoms, disease, tinnitus, cutaneous vasculitis, convulsions, bronchospasm, delirium and hallucinations, depersonalization, and thrombocytopenia purpura observed in the treatment Lyudiomilom extremely rare.
The sudden cancellation or drastic reduction of the dose of Lyudiomila reviews may lead to increased depression or depressed mood disorders, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, insomnia, irritability, abdominal pain, anxiety.
Lyudiomil in any dosage forms dispensed by prescription only. Shelf life of tablets - 5 years, concentrate for solution for infusion - 3 years.