Losartan - synthetic antihypertensive drug used to reduce the pressure, as well as in patients with chronic heart failure and to protect the kidney in diabetes mellitus type 2.
Losartan has a hypotensive action selectively inhibiting angiotensin receptors only the first type.
It features a lengthy action - orally it has an effect throughout the day.
The active ingredient, losartan potassium - white crystalline powder, soluble in water and ethanol. Release preparations containing the active substance and having a similar name:
- Losartan Richter - white oval, film-coated tablets containing 50 and 100 mg of active substance (dosage engraved on the tablet). Excipients - pregelatinized starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose. 10 pieces per pack;
- Losartan H Richter - orange round tablets containing 50 mg of losartan potassium and 12, 5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide (engraved "C23") and 50 mg of losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg (engraved "C24"). 30 pieces per pack;
- Losartan - coated tablets containing 50 mg of active ingredient, from 30 units per pack;
- Losartan Teva - coated tablets containing 25 mg and 100 mg of active ingredient, from 30 or 50 pieces in a package.
Losartan K analogues include other medicinal products containing the same active ingredient: Lorista, Losap, Renikard, Kardomin, Vazotenz, Lozarel, Gizaar, Renikard, Vazotenz, Prezartan, Zisakar, lackeys, Kardomin-sanovel, Bloktran, Cozaar.
Losartan analogues are produced in varying doses - 12, 5 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, and in combination with hydrochlorothiazide. The main difference between these agents - manufacturer and price. Therefore, if necessary, select the right dosage, analogs Losartan may be used in the treatment.
Indications for use Losartan
Losartan is used according to the instructions:
- When hypertension;
- To reduce the risk associated cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with arterial hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy, which is manifested in stroke and myocardial infarction;
- To protect the kidneys in type 2 diabetes with proteinuria;
- In chronic heart failure after failure of treatment with ACE inhibitors.
According to the instructions Losartan is contraindicated if you are hypersensitive drug.
Lactation and pregnancy is a contraindication to the use of Losartan. Adequate use of Losartan study in children have not been conducted, so children medication is not recommended.
Losartan on the instructions prescribed with caution in renal artery stenosis, and renal impairment and a history of liver disease dose should be reduced.
Instructions for use Losartan
Typically Losartan is taken once a day at 50 mg. Depending on the disease the dose can be halved or increased to 100 mg, divided by 2 times.
With simultaneous use of Losartan with diuretics in high doses may develop hypotension, and when combined with potassium drugs increases the risk of hyperkalemia. Indomethacin and Rifampicin while the use of losartan may reduce its effectiveness.
According to the instructions Losartan may cause a variety of violations:
- Orthostatic hypotension;
- Renal dysfunction;
The drug is sold by prescription. Shelf life Losartan - from 2 to 3 years depending on the manufacturer of the drug.