Lorista - drug used for high blood pressure and heart failure.
The active ingredient is losartan Loristy which is capable of blocking angiotensin 2 receptor in the heart, kidneys, blood vessels, adrenal cortex, resulting in reduced vasoconstriction (narrowing of arterial lumen), reducing the total peripheral resistance and, as a result, to a reduction in blood pressure.
In heart failure Lorista, reviews confirm stamina patients during exercise and prevents the development of myocardial hypertrophy. The maximum concentration of losartan can be observed in the blood 1 hour after oral administration Loristy, while metabolites generated in liver, begin to operate after 2, 5-4 hours.
Lorista H and Lorista ND is a combination of drugs, active ingredients which are losartan and hydrochlorothiazide. Hydrochlorothiazide has a pronounced diuretic effect, which is caused by the ability to affect the substance of the second phase processes urine formation, which is a resorption (sucking) water ions, magnesium, potassium, chloride, sodium, as well as to detain the excretion of uric acid, and calcium ions. Hydrochlorothiazide has antihypertensive properties, which explains its action aimed at the expansion of the arterioles.
Diuretic effect of the substance can be observed already after 1-2 hours after application Loristy H, while the hypotensive effect develops in 3-4 days.
Apply the medication guide Lorista recommends that:
- left ventricular hypertrophy and hypertension in order to reduce the risk of stroke;
- chronic heart failure as part of a combination treatment;
- Nephrology in patients with Type II diabetes to reduce protenurii (the presence of protein in the urine).
According to the instructions, Lorista H is indicated for the treatment need the combined antihypertensive drugs and diuretics.
Lorista, involves the use of a preliminary consultation of the doctor is not indicated for low blood pressure, dehydration, hyperkalemia, lactose intolerance, malabsorption syndrome, glucose and galactose, hypersensitivity to losartan. Should renounce the use of Loristy pregnant or lactating patients, as well as persons under 18 years of age. Lorista H, in addition to the above contraindications not indicated for severe impaired renal function or liver and anuria (absence of urine in the bladder).
Precautions should be taken Lorista pills for people with kidney or liver failure, violations of water-electrolyte balance, with a decrease in blood volume.
Instructions for use Lorista
Lorista produced in the form of tablets containing 100, 50, 25 or 12, 5 mg of losartan potassium. The drug is taken orally once daily.
In hypertension, for reducing the risk of stroke, as well as to protect the kidneys in patients with diabetes, taking pills Lorista user recommends a daily dose of 50 mg. If necessary to achieve a more pronounced effect, the dose may be increased to 100 mg per day. As the reviews, Lorista developing its antihypertensive effect within 3-6 weeks of treatment. At the same time taking high doses of diuretics use Loristy should start with 25 mg per day. Also, a lower dose recommended for individuals with impaired liver function.
In chronic disease drug Lorista, involves the simultaneous use of diuretics and cardiac glycosides, used in a specific pattern. During the first week of treatment Loristu should take 12 5 mg per day, then every week daily dosage should be increased by 12, 5 mg. If the drug will be conducted properly, the fourth week of treatment will be started with 50 mg per day Loristy. Further treatment with Lorista need to continue taking a maintenance dose corresponding to 50 mg.
Lorista represents H, tablets containing 50 mg of losartan and 12, 5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide.
Tablets Lorista ND contain the same combination of substances, only twice the number of - 100 mg 25 mg losartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
When hypertension recommended daily dose Loristy H - one tablet is permitted if necessary taking 2 tablets per day. If the patient is a decrease in blood volume, the use of the drug should start with a daily dose of 25 mg. Take the pill Lorista H follows the blood volume correction and cancellation of diuretics.
As the reviews, Loristu H at risk of cardiovascular disease it is advisable to take if losartan monotherapy did not help to achieve the target blood pressure levels. Recommended dose per day - 1-2 tablets.
Side effects tablets Lorista reviews and clinical studies include:
- headache, insomnia, fatigue, dizziness, fatigue, memory disorders, tremor, migraine, depression;
- dose-dependent hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, palpitations, angina, arrhythmia, vasculitis;
- bronchitis, cough, sore throat, stuffy nose, or swelling, shortness of breath;
- abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, anorexia, gastritis, flatulence, constipation, vomiting, toothache, liver dysfunction, hepatitis;
- urinary tract infections, uncontrollable urge to urinate, renal failure, increasing the amount of creatinine and urea in the serum;
- decrease in sex drive, impotence;
- pain in the back, legs, chest, cramps, muscle aches, arthritis, arthralgia;
- conjunctivitis, blurred vision, taste disturbance, ringing in the ears;
- erythema (redness of the skin provoked by the expansion of capillaries), increased sweating, dry skin, fitosensibilizatsiyu (increased sensitivity to UV radiation), excessive hair loss;
- gout, hyperkalemia, anemia;
- angioedema, rash, pruritus, urticaria.
Typically, the listed undesirable effects of the drug and short Lorista have little effect.
Side effects Loristy H in much the same reaction to the use of Loristy.
Keep medications Lorista instruction recommends in a place where the temperature does not exceed 30
Shelf life Loristy H - 3 years Loristy as tablets of 50 mg - 5 years, other forms of preparation - 2 years.