Lokren - synthetic drug used for hypertension and heart irregularities.
Lokren acts as beta1-blocker.
The drug does not exhibit self-sympathomimetic action has a weak membrane stabilizing effect and has a selective beta-adrenoceptor blocking action.
Lokren produced in the form of divisible tablets White round engraved "KE 20", containing 20 mg of active substance. Other ingredients - sodium amylopectin glycolate, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, titanium dioxide, hypromellose, colloidal anhydrous silica, macrogol 400. 14 pieces in blister.
Producing enough Locri analogues, has a hypotensive effect.
These include Betacam, Teva-Atenolol, Betalmik the EU and others. Some analogues Locri used in the treatment of glaucoma, are available in other dosage form and strength. In addition to direct analogues Locri there are drugs that have a hypotensive effect, but contain other active ingredients, before use of which is necessary to consult with your doctor.
Lokren used for hypertension and to prevent attacks of angina.
According to the instructions Lokren is contraindicated in:
- Prinzmetal angina;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Chronic heart failure IIB-III stage;
- AV-block II and III;
- Sick sinus syndrome, including sinoatrial block;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance;
- Congenital galactosemia, glucose malabsorption or lactose deficit;
- The simultaneous use of sultopride, MAO inhibitors and floctafenine;
Lokren does not apply to the age of 18 years due to lack of the necessary clinical trials. During pregnancy and lactation except strict indications Lokren not recommended.
Lokren of instructions used with caution in:
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Peripheral vascular occlusive disease;
- Allergic reaction in history;
- AV-blockade of I degree;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Chronic heart failure.
It should be used with caution Lokren simultaneously with antiarrhythmic drugs class IA, beta-blockers, amiodarone and sotalol of Class III and some other medications because of the possibility of bradycardia, enhance antihypertensive effect and adverse events.
Instructions for use Locri
Tablets Lokren taken orally without chewing. The initial dose application lokrena is 20 mg per day.
In severe renal insufficiency dose should be reduced to 5 mg per day with mild renal and hepatic insufficiency dose adjustment is required.
In case of overdose of Locri instructions can develop:
- Ventricular premature beats;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Cyanosis of nails of fingers and hands;
- heart failure;
- Marked decrease in blood pressure;
For treatment of overdose, if necessary, carry out a slow infusion of 25 mcg isoprenaline and symptomatic therapy comprising absorbent means and gastric lavage.
Lokren on responses can cause various side effects:
- Weakness, fatigue, dizziness, somnolence, insomnia, nightmares, headaches, depression, asthenia syndrome, anxiety, hallucinations, muscle weakness, tremors, confusion, or momentary loss of memory;
- The weakening of myocardial contractility, heart rate, sinus bradycardia, orthostatic hypotension, conduction disturbances infarction, AV-blockade, marked reduction in blood pressure, chest pain, arrhythmia, swelling of the ankles, feet or lower legs;
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abnormal liver function, changes in taste, constipation or diarrhea;
- Nasal congestion and difficulty breathing;
- Decreasing the secretion of the lacrimal gland, blurred vision, conjunctivitis, dryness and soreness of the eyes;
- Insulinnezavisimomo hyperglycemia in diabetes, hypothyroid state;
- Flushing of the skin, psoriasis-like skin reactions, exanthema;
- Skin rash or hives;
- Reduced potency, back pain, arthralgia, weakening of libido, withdrawal syndrome.
In the opinion of Lokren often causes dry mucous membranes of the mouth, itching, increased sweating, and exacerbation of psoriasis.
When angina treatment Lokrenom not be interrupted sharply because of the possibility of severe cardiac arrhythmias, myocardial infarction or sudden death. If necessary, discontinuation of the drug must be carried out simultaneously with the cancellation of replacement therapy.
Lokren prescribed with care for the elderly, and the treatment should start with small doses.
Lokren may give a positive reaction during doping control tests at a sporting event.
When using contact lenses, be aware that Lokren Review reduces the release of tear fluid.
The drug is released under doctor's prescription. Shelf life Locri - 5 years.